User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 AMP - Single line NO REFRIG OR RECEPTACLES?

I have had my 395M for almost one year. Usually, plug into a 30 AMP RV plug for storage and maint. batteries. I have not had any issues, however when on a trip at an RV site with only 30 AMP (using adapter) I also have a surge protector and it showed GOOD, with one line. The issue is NO ELECTRICAL TO MY REFRIGERATOR OR RECEPTACLES? I had lights ONLY, did find ONE plug working in my garage. Anyone else ever experience this problem? I also have an appointment to replace my central AC unit (never used it) but, it has a bad starter? My thought is that my single line 110/volt goes to the AC (twice) and NOTHING TO BREAKERS for receptacles? I am just guessing! Hopefully, they the dealer can find out what the problem is and get it fixed! If you have ever heard of this, please let me know as I would like to suggest to technicians what to look for.
    Not that I do not think they can figure it out..... well, maybe just a little.

Thanks, Duane

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duane - The 30A male to 50A female adapter should direct the available 120V 30A to both sides of the 50A feed to the trailer. Your surge protector should show the same voltage on both legs of the 50A service. If it only shows power on one leg, the adapter is suspect. Both legs need to be powered to supply all outlets in the trailer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Duane - I removed the duplicate thread in the Solitude forum. Most people look at all new posts anyway. So we try to keep duplicates down to keep the search function organized in the future.

My guess is that you have a tripped GFI outlet(s) somewhere in your coach. I don't know the electrical layout of your specific unit. But check each and every outlet in the entire coach to see if one or more GFI outlets are tripped. On my Reflection travel trailer, I even have a GFI outlet on the side of the kitchen island. Check for them in the basement too. If any GFI outlet is tripped, every outlet downstream from it will be inactivated.

Jim

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Duane - I removed the duplicate thread in the Solitude forum. Most people look at all new posts anyway. So we try to keep duplicates down to keep the search function organized in the future.

My guess is that you have a tripped GFI outlet(s) somewhere in your coach. I don't know the electrical layout of your specific unit. But check each and every outlet in the entire coach to see if one or more GFI outlets are tripped. On my Reflection travel trailer, I even have a GFI outlet on the side of the kitchen island. Check for them in the basement too. If any GFI outlet is tripped, every outlet downstream from it will be inactivated.

Jim
    Jim,

I'm not sure that the frig is on a GFI circuit, is it? We've tripped the GFI in the kitchen and the frig stayed on. I'm more suspicious of the dogbone adapter, myself...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim,
    I bet that is exactly what might be wrong! I will check this and let you know. Seems silly I didn't think of that.
    Duane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I believe I figured out the problem. The winner is Rob in regards to the problem! I have a 30amp adapter, however it is a single leg adapter that goes to a 50amp plug. ONLY ONE LINE IS HOT! The adapter also has a 110 adapter to 50amp. Now that I bettter understand the way the power goes to the 50amp on my trailer thru TWO LINES, if I would have looked at my surge protector it SHOWED ONLY ONE HOT LINE. So, I need a new adapter the goes simply from a 30amp to 50amp and powers both lines. Now knowing that you can power both lines and feed EVERYTHING, as long as you do not over load the 30amp cuircuit on the RV pedestal.
    Thanks everyone for you INPUT!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the follow up. BTW, what prize does Rob win?

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras” were the words Dr. Theodore Woodward . . . another thing my Dad always told me .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS