User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cuttinchief
    I tried to lay on the couch and found myself falling off,just a little deeper seat would be nice like an actual couch. The back cushion pushes you forward. Lol

B & B Verge
    I wholeheartedly agree.....

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I posted this on another thread, but I nearly resolved the "slope" issue. There are four bolts that hold the legs on. I removed the bolts and found that the legs were not adjusted to their lowest level. I slid the legs all the way up to the top hole and rebolted it. It was was level enough that it shouldn't be an issue. The cushions at the foot of the bed are slightly higher than the rest of the bed, but when you lay down, they compress enough that I didn't notice it.

I thought the bed was comfy, but I could sleep on rocks and do okay.

ammytamon
    Wondering if anyone has had an issue with the middle portion of the sofa bed. The cushion is held up with white strapping bands that broke after my girls slept on it just 3 times. I am going to have to sew together some webbing to actually replace the plastic strapping bands.

Any other suggestions?

notnsuv
    $50 air mattress with pump cured the ails for our 58 yr. old friend who spent 3 nights and afternoon naps on it.. albeit with head inboard. Never seen a sofa bed in an RV that was worth much of anything. The pump has a deflate option as well so not a hassle to put away every day.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Track back on this to post #8. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-bed-in-337rls
    Dan resolved every section of the pull out couch . . . and I followed his lead. Worked out really well.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had my daughter spend 3 nights with us in our 2015 337RLS. It would have been a nightmare, except she couldn't get to sleep long enough to dream. Her head felt too low, so she swapped ends, and spent the rest of the night with a steel bar under her ribs. We pulled the cushions off the next day and took some measurements. The top of the metal frame for the 'head' of the bed was 10 3/4" off the floor. The top of the frame at the 'foot' of the bed was 12 3/4" off the floor. The next night we removed the little brackets holding the sofa to the floor, and put 2 - 2" x 8"s under the frame. We then had to put slightly less thickness under the frame about mid-point under the bed frame. It was still horribly uncomfortable - no air mattresses or foam toppers - so we pulled 5 sets of cushions off our patio furniture and she slept with her head at the 'foot' of the bed. It's the first time anyone has used the bed sofa, and our warranty has expired, so I guess it's on us. Not what one would expect from a rig as expensive as these are.

Update: - Just fastened 4 - 3" legs to back of frame. Cut down 4 more legs to 2 3/8" and fastened to front frame of sofa. It now sits level from front to back, and when made up as bed. Our sofa has the name "Grand Design Cowboy" on it. Don't know if that is the name of the sofa or the colour, but it is obviously specific to Grand Design, and it is NOT a "grand design"!
    Last edited by Pat and Linda; 10-27-2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: New info

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just had our theater sofa changed out for the sleeper sofa and it seems to be working great!!! When we first got it , it did sit at a slope. The legs had adjustments on them so the hubs took the screws out and lowered the legs and the bed is almost perfectly level now. I bought a 3 " foam topper for it. We have had 3 grandchildren at one time and another time my sister slept on it for a week. The real test was this past weekend. Our good friends slept on it for 4 nights and were amazed how great it felt. He is a big boy at probably 260 and he said he slept great without any bones hurting! They are planning on visiting again so it must have been really good!
    So I guess moral of story is--level out the legs and put a topper on it!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did similar to Sandi and Allen but the legs had no place to adjust them, so we put a little shim under the hinge to raise up the head portion so that it's closer to level, and used a memory foam topper that we store under our bed when not in use. And on top of the mem foam mattress over the head portion we covered that area with a strip of memory foam mattress before putting a fitted sheet over the whole thing. Our mom, age 80, slept wonderfully on it. Prior to the adjustments we made it was totally unsleepable though. I hope that Grand Design has found a way to improve their sleeper sofas in the 2016 models. Even with the adjustments it's still a lot of steps to make it tolerable to sleep on every night you use it.
    Confused? See this from Cate & Rob: Track back on this to post #8. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...-bed-in-337rls
    Dan resolved every section of the pull out couch . . . and I followed his lead. Worked out really well.

That's pretty much how we remedied our sofa problem. Plus the mattress topper.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 303 RLS. The sofa / bed is comfortable when it is a couch, but when a bed, my daughter 28 and two small grand children 5 and 3 slept on it during a trip and found the bed to be super uncomfortable. the bed when open is very un even and the tow sections that are folded up when it is a couch need to have some firmness added to them. Not sure what can be done, but hope fully it is something. I am going to try a piece of foam, but just waiting on when i do it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast