Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion appliances

How does the stove and oven work in the reflections rv?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronman View Post
    How does the stove and oven work in the reflections rv?
    Do you mean "do they work as well as a "real" stove and oven"? Or do you mean "how do you make them work"?

We have a Reflections fifth wheel. I use the both the stove and oven just like I use mine at home.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a "late model" 2018 Reflection 337RLS with the new "upgraded" appliances. The stove top works fine & the wife was very excited about getting a "classy looking, oversize oven" that does not look RV'ish. Unfortunately, the oven is garbage! It takes forever to heat up & the fan runs continuously, even after shut down until oven cools down (a huge power waster when dry camping). They call it a "convection" oven. A true convection oven recirculates the air inside the oven for even cooking. Not true with this piece of crap. All it does is pull warm air out of the oven & create uneven cooking. Cooking crescent rolls, the ones in rear were done but not the ones in front making it necessary to rotate the pan! On top of that, have to get on your hands & knees every time using oven to confirm pilot is lit.
    I recently disconnected power to the fan & the oven works better, however, using oven thermometer found out oven reads 100 deg. high! It struggles to get to 400 deg.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There have been some concerns about the lack of a "simmer" function on the stove top.

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    I have a "late model" 2018 Reflection 337RLS with the new "upgraded" appliances. The stove top works fine & the wife was very excited about getting a "classy looking, oversize oven" that does not look RV'ish. Unfortunately, the oven is garbage! It takes forever to heat up & the fan runs continuously, even after shut down until oven cools down (a huge power waster when dry camping). They call it a "convection" oven. A true convection oven recirculates the air inside the oven for even cooking. Not true with this piece of crap. All it does is pull warm air out of the oven & create uneven cooking. Cooking crescent rolls, the ones in rear were done but not the ones in front making it necessary to rotate the pan! On top of that, have to get on your hands & knees every time using oven to confirm pilot is lit.
    I recently disconnected power to the fan & the oven works better, however, using oven thermometer found out oven reads 100 deg. high! It struggles to get to 400 deg.
    The oven in our new 2018 303RLS does NOT have a pilot. It has a piezo-electric ignitor. Can't comment on how good or bad it is, as we won't use the unit until our first trip in the spring.

...VTX-Al

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is the same as VXT-AL. Turn the oven nob, and push it in, and hold it in, while hitting the igniter. However, it takes several attempts and I still have to get on hands and knees to confirm the pilot light is lit.

Monte
    Monte & Stacey
    Rocket and Daisy (Aussie and Golden)
    2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Ext Cab, 6.0, 3.73
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series, 295RL. Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If cooking or baking in the oven it pays to get some cooking stones or unglazed tiles (there are posts discussing this) to create a constant heat for baking. My wife first attempt at baking ended up with what you described. Added a stone and it all worked out.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by breweraz View Post
    If cooking or baking in the oven it pays to get some cooking stones or unglazed tiles (there are posts discussing this) to create a constant heat for baking. My wife first attempt at baking ended up with what you described. Added a stone and it all worked out.
    I've seen others post this same info. I've had no issues with uneven heat in my oven. I use it just as I use my oven at home. Only issue we have is that my husband has to get down on the floor to see/light the pilot (at the back of the oven, below the fixed divider) while i hold the knob in on the ignite setting.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a new Solitude (373FB-R) and have been happy with the overall living condition, but the micro-wave and stove are scheduled to be replaced as soon as we can get back to the dealer. The micro-wave shuts down after cooking for 20 minutes (on micro-wave setting, not convection). It takes about another 15 minutes before it comes alive again on its own. Doesn't seem to heat as well as the unit that was in our Itasca Ellipse that we traded in for the Solitude. The oven doesn't operate well at all, it sometimes lights, but then the fan seems to blow out the fire on the burner. In the month we've had the unit, we got one pizza & one casserole cooked, out of several attempts. The temp display is off by 30 degrees as well.

Still, we really like the Solitude!!

john & laura