Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Furrion Back up camera question

Thrilled to have the unit pre wired for the camera. 5 minute installation. Great!!!However blue LED is on all the time. So, what this tells me is that the pig tail supposedly wired to marker light is somehow on a hot wire. Anybody else have thus issue? Now I have to figure out how to correct it. Anybody do this? I hope I can hook up the middle marker light. Aggravating!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep it’s a constant hot. If you search here you should find threads where some have located the wires and installed a switch in the back. I plan to, but just have not got around to it. Just remember to turn off your battery when not plugged in for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titans View Post
    Thrilled to have the unit pre wired for the camera. 5 minute installation. Great!!!However blue LED is on all the time. So, what this tells me is that the pig tail supposedly wired to marker light is somehow on a hot wire. Anybody else have thus issue? Now I have to figure out how to correct it. Anybody do this? I hope I can hook up the middle marker light. Aggravating!
    Yes, it's on all the time unless you pull the battery disconnect. So far, I haven't really had an issue with this since we normally have at least an electric hookup. If you plan to boondock a lot, you may want to rewire it.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldenkam View Post
    Yep it’s a constant hot. If you search here you should find threads where some have located the wires and installed a switch in the back. I plan to, but just have not got around to it. Just remember to turn off your battery when not plugged in for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2 ^^. Use the search function - this has been discussed many times on the forum. A number of us have fished the wire for the top center marker light and tapped into that. That way the camera is only on when the running or driving lights are on. Leaving the camera on 24/7 will eventually burn out the sensor.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently for the 2019 models the camera power is wired to the marker light from factory now. I just picked up my trailer today and the monitor wouldn’t pair with camera so I asked and was told it was a design change and they only work with marker lights on (or reverse if ordered with reverse camera only)
    Last edited by towdriver; 03-20-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towdriver View Post
    Apparently for the 2018 models the camera power is wired to the marker light from factory now. I just picked up my trailer today and the monitor wouldn’t pair with camera so I asked and was told it was a design change and they only work with marker lights on (or reverse if ordered with reverse camera only)
    Incorrect...My 2018 is wired for continuous power. It depends on who is putting in the wiring that day. To pair the camera, are you holding in the Button on the bottom of the camera and pushing the pair button at the same time?

On a side question: Can I unhook the black battery cable and still run 30 amp, so the camera will be off?
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2018 is also wired for continuous power to the camera.
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    2016 Ford F150 w/ 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine also was wired directly on a 2018. Called Grand Design and ask where my particular model was wire. They told me it was wired to the rear most exhaust fan/vent. Mine was in the bathroom and only had to remove the inside trim panel (4 screws) and there was two hot wires coming to the fan. One was for the fan and the other was for the camera. I tapped into the camera wire and install a switch that I got online that matched the regular light switch and mounted it in the ceiling next the vanity. Works perfectly.

Now turning the switch on and off is part of my normal check list of thinks to do before leaving and upon arriving.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Mine also was wired directly on a 2018. Called Grand Design and ask where my particular model was wire. They told me it was wired to the rear most exhaust fan/vent. Mine was in the bathroom and only had to remove the inside trim panel (4 screws) and there was two hot wires coming to the fan. One was for the fan and the other was for the camera. I tapped into the camera wire and install a switch that I got online that matched the regular light switch and mounted it in the ceiling next the vanity. Works perfectly.

Now turning the switch on and off is part of my normal check list of thinks to do before leaving and upon arriving.
    Great info...care to show some pics? Do you remember what color the wire was?
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ There are two wires (12 or 14 gauge = larger wires) that are both white with red stripe. The are connected together with a small (18 or 20 gauge = smaller wire) that runs to control box on the vent fan. One of the larger wires is hot line in and the other larger wire goes to the camera
    Disconnect these three wires and determine which one is hot by connecting to the small vent fan wire. Once you determine which one is hot try connecting to other larger wire to check to see if the blue LED light comes on by the camera. Now you have found the camera wire. Connect wires from your switch, one side to the camera wire and the other to the hot wire AND the vent fan wire. With these three wires connected together, check to make sure that the vent works separately when the camera is turned off.

Mounting the switch is easy within hand reach of the wire connection and cutting a opening for the switch by drilling 4 holes in each corner of the opening and cutting with a utility knife. Just take your time and do a neat and clean upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2641.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	11917.

The hot wire and camera wire is located (at least on my unit) behind the fan vent trim piece between the fan vent and the vanity. Should be obvious once you remove the trim piece.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2642.jpg  
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast