Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dehumidifier recommendations - Anyone?

After a recent condensation on interior slide wall event, after overnight camping in cold rainy weather, I’m considering a dehumidifier. The other benefit is when in storage here in SW Florida.

It would be used primarily when in covered storage in SW Florida and occasionally when camping in cold and wet climates. Most other times use of the Air Conditioner should be able to manage interior humidity.

Our storage facility has 20a 120v power which I keep plugged into the trailer all the time to keep battery charged. What I think may work best is a unit that has a adjustable humidity setting. One that can be placed on the island counter with ability to drain into kitchen sink via hose.

Not too heavy. Not too big. Not too expensive

Does anyone have experience and/or recommendations on a brand and model to use or stay away from?

Jerry

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used Goldenrod dehumidifiers in my sailboat for the last 20 years. Easy to use and no tanks to drain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using a dehumidifier from the Home Depot for about ten years. The label came off so do not know the brand. It just works. I run the drain into the sink counter drain and then leave the tank drain open to the ground since it is just pure water. The unit only has a two gallon tank so I don't trust using the tank unless I can check it daily.
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi Ryder View Post
    I’ve used Goldenrod dehumidifiers in my sailboat for the last 20 years. Easy to use and no tanks to drain.
    Goldenrod dehumidifiers are basically just heating elements. This works in cold compartments on boats . . . but is not going to work in high temperature high humidity like Florida.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jerry,
    I used to own a salt water aquarium store that evaporated 15-20 gallons of water a day and salty water at that! I bought three different brand units and this is the one that held up:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Danby-50...BWDB/301896122
    This one is likely too large for an RV but I'm sure they make smaller ones more suited to your needs.

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used an Eva-Dry unit on my boat in FL for the past several years. Drilled a
    hole in the little tank so I could attach a hose and dump the condensate in the sink.
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arizona!

Sorry, I know it's rude but I couldn't help myself.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use 2 of each that are shown below. The big ones plug in, one in the bedroom and one in main area. The smaller ones are not plugged in, but you plug them in to "recharge" the dehumidifier beads inside. We keep those in our bedroom closet. We have humidity monitors throughout and it seems like the dehumidifiers are working.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full time so emptying the bucket every couple of days is not an issue for us. This is the unit that we bought from Amazon and it has an independent hydrometer so we know exactly what's going, humidity wise. It allows us to maintain our humidity where we want it. A quick google search we found this "5. Keep the Inside Relative Humidity Between 30% and 50% ... To measure the relative humidity inside your RV, you may want to invest in a portable, wireless weather station with a built in hygrometer (a tool that measures moisture in the air)"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hi Jerry,
    I used to own a salt water aquarium store that evaporated 15-20 gallons of water a day and salty water at that! I bought three different brand units and this is the one that held up:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Danby-50...BWDB/301896122
    This one is likely too large for an RV but I'm sure they make smaller ones more suited to your needs.

HTH,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

Thank you for the recommendation. I purchased a 30 pint Dandy dehumidifier. We used it last night for the first time. I’m amazed how much water it sucked out of the air in just 8 hours running.

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast