Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sllide floor warped and not flush with main floor

Two issues with the main slide of a 2015 337 RLS. The floor is warped or bowed so the dining chairs won't sit properly? There is no evidence of water damage. The other issue with the slide is the front edge of the floor sits about 1/2" above the house floor. The leading edge of the slide floor is very thin and will break if stepped on. This seems to be an issue with design as the slide can't be lowered any because of the rubber seal underneath. The slide floor sits down hard against the seal holder when the slide is fully extended. All the wall seals are tight against the slide fascias when it is fully extended.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a similar situation with the inboard dining chairs not sitting level . . . has been like this since new. We live with this by placing the inner chairs legs part way down the tapered section of slide floor so that they sit level. Not ideal . . . but it works .

This slide is different than most slides in that it does not ride on rollers but simply slides over a plastic edge strip on the main floor. I suspect this is the "hard against the seal holder" situation that you are seeing. According to GDRV, they have done this because the slide is relatively light and they want to keep it as close to the main floor height as possible. This is why the inner edge of the slide floor is tapered. Although this edge looks fragile, I have never heard of a broken one. The slide still has to be that 1/2" above the main floor so that it can move in without damaging the main flooring. If you look at the opposite kitchen slide, you can get a sense of how high the slide would be above the floor with conventional rollers.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I am a little disappointed with GD. We've had two other fifth wheels by other manufacturers that had slides that had flat floors and that were reasonably flush with the main floor when out. They actually dropped down right before seating against the wall.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: The only real fix for the warped floor would be to replace the floor which is out of the question for me and seems a bit ridiculous for a three year old trailer. I removed the carpet and installed a second layer of 19/32" OSB cut narrower than the floor of the slide and then cut a 1x4 strip tapered to the inside which when covered with the carpet looks reasonably flat. the table is now level and the chairs sit flat Cheap fix. It'll have to do for now.