User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Oregon; soon to be 2018 Solitude 344GK owner

Hi all!

I had a chance to take an early retirement, and am going to try the full time RV lifestyle for a while; maybe for the rest of my life.

I'll be picking up a 2018 344GK (basically a rear kitchen with a desk) Solitude this upcoming Wednesday. Then I'll start to work my south out of the possible Oregon winter weather.

No specific plans; the goal is just to wander wherever feels interesting.

Dave

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Dave! Retirement is sweet. No more alarm clocks to wake up to. Enjoy your new 344GK and welcome to the forum!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Dave. The fun is about to start. It looks like you picked a great trailer to travel in. Getting out of Oregon for the winter is what we did. You will find there are a lot of fun places to visit and people to meet. Have fun with your new adventure.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the board.

I retired on Sept. 12, 2017 in San Diego and we were headed for the state line that afternoon. We had planned for it for quite awhile so already sold our stick and bricks, our rentals and down sized all of our "stuff" to only what would fit. Shipped boxes of photo albums, etc. to my daughter and we left Calif. We did get a couple of months of traveling in before we hold up for the winter here in Texas.

I took a week hands on RV Maint. course here to learn the basics of possible issues that could happen to our RV. They cram a lot in that week and I learned a heck of a lot about RV component trouble shooting, operations and repair. They say that 80% of the problems with RVs is easy to find and easy to fix if you know where to look and how to fix it. I thought it was all hocus pocus marketing for their school but after completing the course, I believe it just may be true.

It's been an experience and a journey and while we are held up here in Tex. for the winter, we look forward to the spring time so we can roll again. Good luck and enjoy your journey.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the coast for a week or 2 before you leave Oregon. It's a lot easier to get warranty bugs fixed at your dealer then elsewhere.

I wish I could retire early. We are getting our ducks in a row, but medical insurance costs won't let us quit working. We purchased a membership at Neskowin RV Resort which gets us into RPI parks across the nation for $10.00 a night. We can stay at any of the parks for 2 weeks at a time. Contact me if you ar interested Mike.
    We will be at Neskowin for New Years if you want to come visit. I can get you in for free.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yea, go hang out with Orbiker if you get a chance, he’s one of the coolest guys I’ve ever met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Yea, go hang out with Orbiker if you get a chance, he’s one of the coolest guys I’ve ever met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Ed.
    Ruthanne and I went to the company Christmas Party at Valley River Inn (Stillwater Restaurant) and it was so foggy we couldn't see the cars in the parking lot, till we were in the parking lot.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft8 View Post
    Hi all!

I had a chance to take an early retirement, and am going to try the full time RV lifestyle for a while; maybe for the rest of my life.

I'll be picking up a 2018 344GK (basically a rear kitchen with a desk) Solitude this upcoming Wednesday. Then I'll start to work my south out of the possible Oregon winter weather.

No specific plans; the goal is just to wander wherever feels interesting.

Dave
    Sounds fantastic. I hope to join you on "that side" of the working world (or non-working, I guess) soon!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello from AZ.
    We are partially retired for 5 years but Obama Care is nearly $2000 per month, so we both took part time jobs to get health care. In the mean time our grown son got married and move to Beaverton, OR

So we are going to escape the heat of Phoenix this coming summer and spend 3 to 4 months in Oregon tooling around. We have been up in the Northwest the last 4 summers and look forward to hanging out in the moist cool air.