User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting ready, looking at 337-RLS or 310-GKS, looking for input.

Sky and Coby here, Hello Grand Design Forums.

I've been following and reading a lot of information here, and I thank you.

It's just the wife and I and we're looking to begin our retirement traveling the U.S. The Reflections 337-rls and the Solitude 310-gks seems to be the best size for us, but hard to decide which one. Our future travels include park and boon-docking and want the 5th wheel to be able to do both without limitations on size of trailer in parks, conditions, being able to stay self contained if need be.
    So my question, what is the basic difference between the two? Both are very similar in floor plans. We've walked through both and the wife likes both as well. So i'm looking for input of other Grand Designers that have gone through this decision.

Noted in my investigating, I've noted the frame difference, windows, fridge, a little more flash with the 310, so looking for the one vs the other from other Grand Design owners on using them in real life.

Oh, anyone know the difference between the 310-gks and the 310-gks-R?

We are business owners and it's time to retire and enjoy what we love to do, travel. We live on SoCal and want to see the U.S. and meet people like you in person. Planning to visit the group gathering in Quortzite Az.

Thank You for your time and info

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Sky and Coby. Both of them are really nice units. Looking at the specs, there are a couple key considerations that would be important to me. Since you'll be boondocking, the 310GK has larger tanks compared to the 337RLS

310GKS 337RLS
    Fresh Water 93 Gallons 60 Gallons
    Grey Water 100 Gallons 75 Gallons
    Black Water 50 Gallons 43 Gallons
    Hot Water Tank 12 Gallons 6 Gallons

The 310GK is about a foot shorter in length, and a foot higher than the 337 if you don't put a second AC on the 337. Otherwise height will be similar.

There is more insulation in the Solitude than the Reflection.

I'd pull up all the specs from the two units on the Grand Design page and compare the two side by side.

Ginnie and I will be in Quartzsite also. Hope to meet you there!

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jim.

Great info.

We have the Quartzite gathering on our calendar and really looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "-R" designates residential refrigerator. In my opinion not well suited to boon-docking.

The Solitude will also be a little wider.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome Mr. Aviator! Here's my view on this question. I have owned the 337 for 3 years now and traveled to every corner of our country and we absolutely love the trailer. It meets all of our needs. However, if I were buying a trailer now the 310 would be my choice hands down, cost not being the consideration.

I love everything the Solitude has to offer over the Reflection. All the items Jim mentioned plus the tank heaters, upscale interior and appliances, wider body and yet even a foot shorter! I just love the 310!! I would not be interested in the residential refrigerator because we dry camp often and I don't want to deal with the electricity to run the fridge.I would order one with generator prep.

When we purchased our 337, the 310 wasn't offered plus I didn't have enough truck.

Keep in mind the 337 really needs a minimum of a 1 ton SRW and, while many have towed the 310 with the same truck, I would want a DRW to tow mine.

Good luck with your decision. You can't go wrong with either unit.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been full-time in a 337 for 28 months now, I second everything said above. The 337 is great - and the perfect floor plan for us. If we did not have so much invested in ours (especially the MOR/ryde independent suspension and disc brakes), I would consider selling it and getting the 310. I don't think you'll find any difference between the two in what parks you can get into or not.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed the 337 has more bathroom storage, but i do like the separate door for washer/dryer. I like the 337 cabinetry more as well....but it is a great unit for sure! Good luck
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all, for the Great advise and input!

Next we'll look at Dealers to purchase. We've done some travel looking at 5th wheels and dealers. Interesting to say the least. I'm well versed in dealerships, purchasing many personal and company vehicles over the years. We've done some looking in Az, SoCal, and the Washington, Oregon areas. Interesting also, the Wash, Oregon area dealers have the expanding foam insulation on exposed drain pipes under the trailers. Being told they offer this for the trailers staying in cold weather, and they sell to owners living upper state and Alaska. It seems this would be a positive if it works.
    Reading on the forum purchasing from Indiana, Iowa area dealers, better purchase deals can be found. We will probably be ordering the unit and have it built the way we want it. ("with generator prep") thank you "Poppy".

So the wife is looking...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought our 303RLS from Lazy Days in Tucson, AZ. An amazing experience. We bought it off the lot and Lazy Days installed a generator (along with many other adds).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scousers, how was lazy days on discount off of the base MSRP? we've been looking at that model but haven't compared how competitive they are to the dealers in Phoenix. Since you were closer to Phoenix, was wondering why you went further south for the deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast