Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did the same sitting in winter storage a year ago (it was an early 18 model). GD flew a tech to look at it. and warrantied it right during the time my dealer sold out to CW (they actually worked on it after the transition). The slide apparently was bound up, as they had to replace the slide gear pack underneath. My take was that with the normal stapled dinette frame... it flexed enough to absorb the slide bind. When I shored the frame with angle brackets and gave it rigidity & strength... it pulled away from the wall when it bound up. We used it quite a bit last spring / summer / fall and no issues after the fix. Have been to the unit twice this winter and the dinette is still attached to the wall. One thing to note about the dinette - you need to be aware that you should not sit on it when the slide is in due to the floor flex - I have to keep reminding my now 4yo son that constantly.

Not sure if it was when they were underneath on that fix or just a bad install and bounced loose, but the next trip after that fix the LCI ground control jack rear level sensor that is attached to the frame in the rear came lose and caused leveling problems (had to level using calibration mode) - again dealer fixed and no further issue. Love the layout and the unit. Just wish we still had our dealer here in Nashville. Haven't been out to the new dealer yet in Cookeville but is an hour away.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too have had this same issue with our U dinette. Exactly as all of you have described with it pulling away from the wall near the fridge.

I watched the slide go in and out and noticed a lot of flexing in the floor area right under that spot and could see the dinette pulling away from the wall while the slide was moving, then tightening up once the slide was all the way out.

I showed this to the dealer service advisor and GD warranteed it but when I went to pick up the trailer it had already pulled away from the wall again before I even took the keys from them. They promptly sent it back in the shop and claim its fixed now. The service receipt litterally says they used "lots of screws and staples."

Its secure to the wall for now but with the mechanism of how it was pulling away not being changed or fixed i feel that its only a matter of time before we have this same issue again.

I kind of wish that the guy fixing it would come listen and see what I am telling them about the problem rather than telling a young employee at a desk to relay to them.

This slide binding issue mentioned above sounds like it could be a similar cause. Has anyone else noticed the flexing and separating of the dinette while operating the slide like I have??

Mike

oh and yes its a 2019 28bh too.. great trailer otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 and the problem still isn't fixed. I noticed it right after I took ownership and got it in before the warranty was up. The dealer rebuilt the whole dinette. I am having problem with the slide. It tears up the floor during travel and has hit the damaged the moulding around the bunkhouse. I have read from other owners that they have the same problem and have to find that the slide may be too heavy and the reason for the slide issues.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue with a 2018. Has anyone had any luck with GD covering? Mine is completely off, brackets have falling off, and now there are holes in my wall from the screws sliding back and forth I am assuming. That side is completely unusable. My fridge panel is also now beveling and coming off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12