Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28Bh slide issues

Has anyone else Had slide issues with the 28bh. My U dinette has come loose even from the slide wall. I have not taken it in yet but while on Facebook page a couple of other people posted they had the same issue and found slide walls were out of square. Looking at mine it may have same issue because u dinette will not sit square with wall. Wondering if anyone else has experience this and how was it repaired?
    2017 Reflection 28bh
    2005 F250 SB SRW powestroke
    Anderson ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had any issues with mine yet, but I'll be keeping an eye on it now.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have pictures?

What do you mean by out of square?
    Want to know what to look for.

Back wall to side right side wall or left side wall or both?

Left and right walls not parallel with each other?

What build date is yours?

I can see daylight coming in the bottom right corner as you face the slide does yours?
    Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see daylight in mine! But the dinette is coming loose on left side near Fridge. The whole seat came loose I was able to resecure it except section that contacts outside wall. But the gap is larger at top then bottom like it’s not square. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECDC3161-D661-49FF-86B9-E793AE931EE0.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	10827
    2017 Reflection 28bh
    Anderson ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see now. The floor with the rear wall or the dinette is not square. Could also be that it looks like they just used staples to hold it together and they just came loose . When I get a chance I'll take a look at mine. Also I'll take a picture were I can see the daylight.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Eddiemorgado mentioned, several of us 28BH owners are having this same issue. Mine separated from the slide wall while, exactly like his picture shows while just sitting in winter storage (slide has been closed). Haven't made my appointment for the warranty work yet - trying to gauge time & weather for best time to pull it from storage and still beat the spring rush. Not sure about the "out of square" claim, but maybe that also explains the mark on the floor from the slide that seems to be getting worse.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed about a week ago our 28 BH has done the same thing. Ours was set up level with the slides in and I noticed it was not sitting tight on the floor on the front. With the slides out it seems to tighten back up. I posted in the technical form hoping to get a response about this but didn't get a comment I think there's to much stress on the screws in the wall when you operate the slides. I don't want to just add more screws because I think GD needs to look at this and come up with the proper fix so it stops causing damage to the back wall and doesn't create more problems down the road.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I hope Grand Design is paying attention because I follow a Facebook page for GD 28bh and there has been at least 4 others there posting same problem!
    2017 Reflection 28bh
    Anderson ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, with the group on fb it seems it's becoming a problem for a lot of the campers I'm sure the dealer will just add more screws that will pull out in the future that's why I was hoping GD will look into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed the same on mine. My plan was to get a sheet of 3/4 plywood, rip it down enough to place under the part of the seat that comes out to the middle of the Rv, enough that it lifts it against the wall. Then secure it to the wall with short toggle bolts, and a piece of 5/4 ripped and painted to go between the fridge and dinette, using construction epoxy to hold it to the wall, then screw the dinette to the 5/4. That should make it bullet proof. I just replaced the foam in the cushions with much denser foam, HUGE difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast