User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

397TH Front black tank not draining until the front of rig is raised to max height

I just got my rig back from warranty and one issue was we had to raise the front of the rig to max height to get the black tank to drain. The dealer looked at it and made a suggestion on tank adjustment, however GD denied the warranty claim. Brought it home, put 30 gals water in the blank tank, pulled the lever and nothing. Raised the front of the rig and it started draining. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically tanks are designed to drain when the camper is level. How big is your black tank, they really should be full when dumping to allow enough head pressure to ensure proper draining. With 30 gallons of water I would expect something to come out when you try to dump it. Curious what the dealer was going to try to do that GD wouldn't approve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your black tank drain is going to be in the end of the tank, something like the attached picture from a previous post. Gate valve in the top center of the picture. It should drain all but the last gallon or two with the RV/tank level. There is something blocking your gate valve . . . I would guess that this might be the plastic disc created when they drilled the drain or vent holes in the top of the tank. You might be able to dislodge this with one of the back flush drain attachments or by leaving the black tank valve open and then opening both grey tank valves at the same time, with full grey tanks.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0507.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The paper work only says they wanted to remove underbelly, remove/reposition tank which tells me it was installed at a bit of forward angle. The crazy part is they did approve replacing both black gate valves so they were already in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk