User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCL TV Issue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a TCL Tv in our 26RL. when we turned on the TV we get popup on the lower left side of the screen, it is explaining dolby ,dynamic contrast, USB, and HDMI instructions. It was not there last year. How do i turn that off. its annoying. I have gone through the set up half dozen times and cannot find a switch to turn it off. Thanks

Gerry M
    26RL
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 12-27-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked at the "Location" or "Mode" settings in the TV menus? Our TCL has a "Location" setting for "Home" or "Showroom." When in "Showroom" mode ("Demo" on some models), it puts all kinds of weird stuff on the screen.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, in Demo mode.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have stopped for the night in Northern Cal, hooked up and checked the "Location", sure enough it got to "Shop" somehow. Any thanks for the suggestions and this forum. On our way to Surprise, AZ for four months.

Sorry for the hijack, but I don't always get "New Message" at the top of the page.

Gerry M
    26RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a "Demo" or similar mode on the TCL TV's now? My 337RLS has the TCL 40" smart TV and it was switching on whenever AC power was applied. Did a software update and found no such menu (nor menu item). Maybe the update removed that "feature"? Either way, it is more of an issue than a problem, unless the AC power cycles off and on while I am trying to sleep.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit1 View Post
    Is there a "Demo" or similar mode on the TCL TV's now? My 337RLS has the TCL 40" smart TV and it was switching on whenever AC power was applied. Did a software update and found no such menu (nor menu item). Maybe the update removed that "feature"? Either way, it is more of an issue than a problem, unless the AC power cycles off and on while I am trying to sleep.
    There have been several threads on this recently. Apparently, a complete reset of the TV will fix this. The manual (on-line or hard copy) should tell you how to do this.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Rob shared in post #6 there have been some posts elsewhere on a reset fix which seems to work. Here is a copy of the narrative from a recent post. Try the below and let us know if it works to address your situation and hopefully help others as well.

Dan

"The issue is TVs sometimes get shipped in “Store” mode. Meaning, if it were displayed on a showroom floor, you flick the power and all the TVs come on. No need to turn on each TV individually.

So to fix this, you have to go into the Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings and do a Factory Reset. There are two reset options. I did the full reset and it worked. You have to start from scratch with your settings, so it’s a bit of a hassle but only takes a few minutes. Maybe the other reset option would work, but it appears that it only resets picture and channel settings.

When the reset gets going and reboots the TV, you will want to choose the Home use option. From there just follow the on screen guided setup. Note, if you have a lot of custom settings, you may want to take some pictures of your Settings menu screens before starting the reset. Once configured, you will see in the Settings Menu that there is now an option for Power. Nothing you really need to do there unless you want, as simply getting it out of Store mode and into Home mode solves the auto power-on issue."
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa... I think ;)

Thanks! When I searched, this is the thread that displayed. Oh, well... I will try the full reset to factory defaults option. Not having saved anything of value (it's brand new), it is not a problem.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! When I searched, this is the thread that displayed. Oh, well... I will try the full reset to factory defaults option. Not having saved anything of value (it's brand new), it is not a problem.
    Let us know if it works as stated or if you have to adjust the procedure/steps for your TV. The post narrative I shared is not on this site as I recall......I got it elsewhere as I noted.

Hope it works !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why "mea culpa?" You haven't done anything. Glad you don't have to re-enter a bunch of log-in info!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast