Thread: TCL TV Issue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCL TV Issued with my RV

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Why "mea culpa?" You haven't done anything. Glad you don't have to re-enter a bunch of log-in info!

Rob
    There was not much to re-enter... just my e-mail and related Roku stuff (which I re-activated via the e-mail from Roku. Heck, I've never even used Roku before... it may come in handy after I read more about what they offer... may even connect it to myiStuff. The whole reset and re-entering process was complete. I then cut the AC power, waited a couple of minutes, and powered back up... the TV remained off until I switched it back on using the IBM (It's Better Manually) method.

As I am unable to receive any "over the air" channels from home, I will try that from a camp site in the near future... it's a hilltop that has a fairly good (RF) line of sight to several stations.

Thank you again for the assist; now I have to go back out there and play some more.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit1 View Post
    There was not much to re-enter... just my e-mail and related Roku stuff (which I re-activated via the e-mail from Roku. Heck, I've never even used Roku before... it may come in handy after I read more about what they offer... may even connect it to myiStuff. The whole reset and re-entering process was complete. I then cut the AC power, waited a couple of minutes, and powered back up... the TV remained off until I switched it back on using the IBM (It's Better Manually) method.

As I am unable to receive any "over the air" channels from home, I will try that from a camp site in the near future... it's a hilltop that has a fairly good (RF) line of sight to several stations.

Thank you again for the assist; now I have to go back out there and play some more.
    Good to hear. Don't know what your experience level is, but the antenna amplifier has to be on for OTA and off for cable. There should be a little button with an LED light on the coax plate either near the antenna or in the entertainment center depending on your RV model.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup... it is switched on so the Winegard 360 antenna should be receiving 12 VDC (aka, "phantom power"). I just live in what is known as a "RF Ghetto"; radio and TV signal strength ranges from lousy to non-existent. Our first trip will be to a place that is just as bad; the next one will be the hilltop location. I believe that one is ~1800' MSL and is equal to or slightly higher than most of the surrounding terrain. It is in northern PA and is so far out in the country there is almost no cell ceoverage without walking around to find any sort of signal. TV stations from Scranton, Binghamton, and Elmira were OK with my previous TT (King Jack antenna). Will do a scan after we set up there to see what shows up.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, We went out for our inaugural run in our 2021 22MLE this past weekend. 2 half days of sun, 3 days fo rain, learned a lot. Have to say, for the $30k+ GD gets for this units, they should commission a quality audio manufacturer to build a much better entertainment experience.

That aside, when watching a DVD we noticed the sound and the lips were out of sync; and the image tended to be fuzzy and certain colors pixelated. This pixelation happened while watching cable tv as well. Any thoughts?
    Jim & Linda
    2021 22MLE
    2020 F150 CrewCab 4X4 3.5l

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim & Linda View Post
    Hi guys, We went out for our inaugural run in our 2021 22MLE this past weekend. 2 half days of sun, 3 days fo rain, learned a lot. Have to say, for the $30k+ GD gets for this units, they should commission a quality audio manufacturer to build a much better entertainment experience.

That aside, when watching a DVD we noticed the sound and the lips were out of sync; and the image tended to be fuzzy and certain colors pixelated. This pixelation happened while watching cable tv as well. Any thoughts?
    The TCL TV, Jensen head unit and speakers are what you find in many RV manufacturers. The are at the lower end of the quality scale but I agree that a little better would be nice. Most of us will endure them but some will upgrade the TV and add a sound bar. I found in ours, casting or using the HDMI from a laptop works a little better then DVD. Hope everything else went OK with your 22mle on your shakedown trip. Seems like you had perfect weather to test out many things.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. BTW, We have the Furrion 3300 entertainment system; I suspect in the not too distant future it will get a new home and something simple and easy to use will replace it.
    Jim & Linda
    2021 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There have been several threads on this recently. Apparently, a complete reset of the TV will fix this. The manual (on-line or hard copy) should tell you how to do this.

Rob
    A reset fixed the mystery power on problem for me.....it was pretty simple setting everything back to the way it was as it prompts you thru the initial setup process.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just beware of "good name brand" TV's such as Samsung, etc for your RV.

They don't take the abuse on the road that well. TCL is actually a highly rated TV for the abuse it takes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Jeff&Deb, I'll give that try. Good point, I was wondering if a home tv would hack it in the RV environment. Appreciate the inputs1
    Jim & Linda
    2021 22MLE

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Just beware of "good name brand" TV's such as Samsung, etc for your RV.

They don't take the abuse on the road that well. TCL is actually a highly rated TV for the abuse it takes.
    We had a Samsung smart TV in our Reflection for over three years and 30K miles (when our TCL failed after 18 months in service) without any issues at all. I doubt there is much, if any, difference in how the internal components are made or manufactured. TCL does not get the ratings for performance or reliability that Samsung and Sony do by Consumer Reports or other non-manufacturer-based ratings and evaluation organizations.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12