User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, thanks to all that have commented and provided information.

The 315RLTS (if we buy one) will allow my Domestic/CC to have her choice of either the combined unit or separates. Based on the size of the Splendide, she can get a vented washer/dryer combo that is about 23.5" (w) x 33.25" (H) x 22" (D). I noted a GE 2.2 cu ft washer at Lowes had a depth of 26.625". Has anyone measured and know what the maximum height, depth and width that will fit in the 315RLTS? (I like the idea of having a combo and then using one side as the dirty clothes hamper!)

I also noted the Splendide combo unit is 188 pounds. The GE washer is 155 pounds and the matching dryer is 88 pounds. Is the weight savings with the combo unit a serious consideration? (It will be just the wife and myself plus two small dogs in the TT. Grandkids every blue moon, but their endless pile of laundry will be done at the campground laundrymat!)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a Whirlpool front load washer and stackable dryer in our Momentum 376th.

A couple of things we ran into. We needed to push the dryer back pretty far to close the door. It was more than I wanted to crush the vent hose so I bought a telescoping hard vent that gives me the room I need without crushing the vent. Found it at Lowes. Yes, there are two 90s but according to the charts and the distance, all was good and the dryer drys quick.

We placed a plastic water pan on the floor. We ended up buying that from Amazon to get a 24x24. So far no leaks but wanted to trap any water if something did happen.

As noted you will need to remove the trim from the pantry if like ours. Pretty easy after a couple of screws and the rest I could use my hands to work lose. Just put the back with an air powered staple gun and all was good.

If using a metal end to couple the hose to the water lines for the washer be very careful. Very easy to strip the plastic hook ups and not an easy fix.

On the 376th if you look in the storage area under the where the washer/dryer sits by removing a couple of screws holding the panel, you will see the blue and red water lines but also see that any water leaking down that line will end up in your electric slide controller. We had a line break and had to also replace the slide control as it shorted out. Since all under warranty GD covered the cost.

Once are done it has been great. Whirlpool front loads are a little quirky on how they operate but once figured out (read the user manual) it works fine. The high-speed spin cycle shakes the rig but not so excessive it is an issue. We do not even hear the dryer running until the buzzer goes off.

Yes, it is good for 2 if you keep up. My wife likes we can run the washer and dryer at the same time. Be aware of the amp draw as I believe it is a 15 amp circuit connected to plugs in the kitchen, so no frying pan and dryer and washer at the same time.

Once I got everything sorted out the hardest part was the drilling through a wall in a new rig. It was not hard to drill just that moment of putting a 4-inch hole through the wall for the vent.

breweraz

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: On trailers like the 351 Momentum that have space in the garage for a combo unit, is it possible to install a stackable washer dryer? I realize the stacked units will block out the tv mount but we may be able to relocate the tv higher onto the rear wall of the kitchen loft bed.

The bigger issue is how to vent the dryer. Since there's the doorway into the kitchen on one side and the doorway to the 2nd bathroom on the other side of the washer/dryer, how does one run a dryer vent?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	momentum garage.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	11096

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Question: On trailers like the 351 Momentum that have space in the garage for a combo unit, is it possible to install a stackable washer dryer? I realize the stacked units will block out the tv mount but we may be able to relocate the tv higher onto the rear wall of the kitchen loft bed.

The bigger issue is how to vent the dryer. Since there's the doorway into the kitchen on one side and the doorway to the 2nd bathroom on the other side of the washer/dryer, how does one run a dryer vent?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	momentum garage.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	11096
    Custom dryer vent install?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

I have the same layout, you can see how I did the vent install. If the link didn't work, just use the search function and type custom dryer vent and you should be able to find the topic I started.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Custom dryer vent install?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

I have the same layout, you can see how I did the vent install. If the link didn't work, just use the search function and type custom dryer vent and you should be able to find the topic I started.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wow, that's ingenuity at its best! Only thing is I'd like to have a stacked washer dryer since I read the combo unit doesn't work as well and it takes longer. I guess I'd have to set the unit a bit further away from the wall and/or relocate those wall switches.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing is I'd like to have a stacked washer dryer since I read the combo unit doesn't work as well and it takes longer.
    Hello,
    Someone on the forum did the stacked unit in the same location IIRC. Maybe a search will bring it up.

Not easy to find but here is the one I was thinking of:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...stacked+washer

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hello,
    Someone on the forum did the stacked unit in the same location IIRC. Maybe a search will bring it up.

Not easy to find but here is the one I was thinking of:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...stacked+washer

HTH,
    Kevin
    Thank you for the link. So it IS possible to do a stacked unit. That's great! Now my only issue is going to be having the courage to cut the hole through the floor for the dryer vent!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this might be a bit off topic since our Imagine 2150RB does not have any Washer/Dryer hook-ups or for that matter any where to install them. What we use is called a spin washer and also an electric dryer rack. The whole setup only weighs 44 lbs including storage containers. They tuck neatly in the bed of the truck. On wash days I carry the spin washer into our bathroom. Once clothes our washed and spun dry they are carried outside to the electric dryer Kind looks like a small home refrigerator but is a nylon shell and light weight tubing on wheels. Takes me now about 5 minutes to set it up. The damp clothes are hung inside the tent. It has a electric heater at the bottom and clothes dry in 1 to 2 hours. The whole setup works pretty well. My wife was very very skeptical at first, but now agrees that it is far superior to spending time in laundromat. It of course has its limitation, only does small loads, clothes do come out very clean but do dry stiffer than tumble dry. Of course it will not handle heavy bedding, but for day to day stuff it does a great job. Also fairly inexpensive our whole setup was about $200.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    What we use is called a spin washer and also an electric dryer rack.
    My wife will be very interested in this--thank you!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, howson, they have a bunch of different spin washers on Amazon, we ended up withe the Della I believe it is called, lots of you tube video out for them. I was surprised by how many people use them in apartments. But then again for what the laundromat cost, it makes allot of sense. I just like it because it it is easy to move around, the spin washer itself only weighs 30 lbs. I built a little pallet of using 1"x 1". I can slide it out of the truck bed using a long rope pull cord and push it back into place using a small extension pole, without having to jump up in the truck bed. The manatee dryer fits in a large plastic tote , along with the laundry supplies. Like I said earlier it is a compromise system, but so is RV'ing. It's ice to be able to have clean clothes and do them at the camp site. I just detest going to laundromats I guess.

When camping season is over they get stored in the house basement, so nothing to winterize. The system is completely manual, you fill with water and determine when to stop it, you have to put the switch to drain and decide when it has pumped down enough etc. The good part is since you are right there any leaks and you are going to know immediately. Having a machine in a closet bouncing down the road seems to me to be inviting water damage. I know at home how many times at home I have discovered leaks. Hope it gives you some ideas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast