Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    I have some information you might find helpful at http://www.momentumgunner.com/rvappliances.html

I recommend separate units, including a vented dryer.

The ventless dryers are usually called "condensing dryers". They use cold water while drying your clothes. They operate by heating the air in the inner section of the drum, creating steam. This passes through holes in the inner drum to the outer drum. Cold water is passed over the outer surface of the drum, causing the water vapor inside to condense on the walls. It's collected and pumped out. You will generally find that vented dryers offer better performance, especially if you are in a more humid climate. Most people feel that their clothes never really get fully dry in condensing dryers, and the water they use while drying may be a factor - especially if you are boondocking.

We tried a couple for Pinnacle and they lasted just over 2 years. Looking at Ariston now and they seem much better from first impressions. Some of the explanation details are in the article.
    I haven't seen a post from RamGunner in quite a while. The link to his website didn't work. I found a copy of his article using the "Way Back Machine". Here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20170331...ppliances.html
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also some folks wash their doggie beds, blankets etc in the washers at campgrounds.Not washing my undies behind that.We have a portable washer and dryer in our smaller 5th wheel.They are nearly 2 years old now and have worked flawlessly so far.Do a good job as well.A bit more hassle to set up but once you are used to the procedure, no problem.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi TripleG! My wife and I are wanting to add a lightweight and portable washer & dryer to our Imagine 2670MK. I came across your post from back in 2018 where you mentioned you were using the spin washer (we are looking at a Kuppet aka Della).
    Which be did you go with? Would you do the same thing looking back now?
    What type, brand, size of portable dryer did/or are you using?
    Thank you for the help. Hope all is well.

Sean & Shana

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanrodg View Post
    Hi TripleG! My wife and I are wanting to add a lightweight and portable washer & dryer to our Imagine 2670MK. I came across your post from back in 2018 where you mentioned you were using the spin washer (we are looking at a Kuppet aka Della).

Sean & Shana
    This being a very old thread, the person you are addressing may not notice your post. If you want to get someone's attention, use the "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here with yours) or tag them using the "@" symbol like this: @TripleG .

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 02-14-2021 at 07:38 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This being a very old thread, the person you are addressing may not notice your post. If you want to get someone's attention, use the "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here with your) or tag them using the "@" symbol like this: @TripleG .

Rob
    Thank you Rob. New to this whole forum thing. I appreciate the guidance.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    I know this might be a bit off topic since our Imagine 2150RB does not have any Washer/Dryer hook-ups or for that matter any where to install them. What we use is called a spin washer and also an electric dryer rack. The whole setup only weighs 44 lbs including storage containers. They tuck neatly in the bed of the truck. On wash days I carry the spin washer into our bathroom. Once clothes our washed and spun dry they are carried outside to the electric dryer Kind looks like a small home refrigerator but is a nylon shell and light weight tubing on wheels. Takes me now about 5 minutes to set it up. The damp clothes are hung inside the tent. It has a electric heater at the bottom and clothes dry in 1 to 2 hours. The whole setup works pretty well. My wife was very very skeptical at first, but now agrees that it is far superior to spending time in laundromat. It of course has its limitation, only does small loads, clothes do come out very clean but do dry stiffer than tumble dry. Of course it will not handle heavy bedding, but for day to day stuff it does a great job. Also fairly inexpensive our whole setup was about $200.

Sean & Shana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123