User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No hot water through hot faucets in 2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Hi all, I saw some posts on the Nautilus P1, but didn't see anything on this yet. It is cold, so frozen somewhere I'm not finding is a possibility, but I have water coming from cold faucets fine. I've had hot water heater on since yesterday afternoon, heat on in the RV (Reflection 297RSTS) and a portable heater blowing under the dresser after removing the drawers that is the access to the back of the Atwood hot water heater. Relieved pressure in the unit outside several times (just blew a little water and then stopped).

I called Atwood who confirmed it wasn't the hot water unit itself, it is hot and seems to be functioning. They referred me to Grand Design and they said that it was a valve in the Nautilus P1. I get no water set to regular city water setting from the hot faucets. I turn the red hot water tank bypass valve and I was told by B and B Molders (they make the Nautilus units) that it should bypass the hot water tank and get cold water from the hot water faucets and the outdoor shower. I get cold water from the hot water faucets inside and on the outside shower as they said I should. But, once I close the red valve to get water flowing back to the hot water tank, no water hot or otherwise from the indoor or outside shower faucets. Any other places I should look or things I should check? Could it be frozen in a line behind the Nautilus to the hot water heater input port? If so, any ideas on how I can get to that to more directly apply heat?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a check valve on the outlet of the water heater. These have been known to get plugged or stick closed. See this related post. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...er+check+valve. There are also other threads that can be found by entering key words in the search tool in the upper right corner.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I findyour post very interesting as I have a 315RLTS and had the exact same thing happen to ours today. We are camping in KY and it's 17 degrees.
    All has worked well untill today when the temp took a big dip.
    Paul B.
    2017 315RLTS
    2002 GMC 3500
    2012 Harley Ultra w/ MotorTrike conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 297RSTS with the same problem described above. How do I access the water heater? I can’t even find it!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrail View Post
    I have a 2018 297RSTS with the same problem described above. How do I access the water heater? I can’t even find it!
    On a 297, pull out the drawers under the washer/dryer closet in the bedroom. Then you'll have access to the back of the water heater. Here's a photo I took while running some wires in the space:

To remove the drawers, pull them out as far as they'll go. Then look for small black plastic tabs on the drawer rails. Push one up, and one down and the drawers will come right out.

Jim

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrail View Post
    First time I've heard of this problem (I'm not as seasoned as Rob or Jim!). Good 'ol YouTube has a decent video on the problem (and solution).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May not be pertinent but I thought there was another water heater bypass valve in behind the nautilus system close to the water heater. Of course I have a whole different system so I am only making a what if.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard

Interesting video , I noticed he had the same Atwood water heater I have , Aluminum tank , with the brass check valve? I assume this came from factory with this.
    Should be the problem with the OP's question , Also Dallas brought up a good point to make sure the levers on the Nautilus panel are set to the right position.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, TJ!

I found it and removed the check valve. It was plastic. Can I replace it with the brass one I see on Amazon?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC56E16E-8ED0-4BF3-9BAC-1ABDC8760E8E.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	19519