User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey dump valve stuck, will not open.

I've got a 2018 momentum 376th and my grey tank dump valve is stuck, it will not open. I was wondering if anyone knew where the valve is located so that I can inspect it and open it manually if necessary. Thanks

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they changed in late 2017 or early 2018 model year. However, both gray valves on my very early model year 2017 are both very difficult to open. I wish there was some way to lube those cables up in there and maybe the gate valve itself.

I believe in the spring I'm going to add the valterra dump gate to the outside edge of the dump tube for both the gray tank and the black tank dumps and not use the OEM valves except when it's below freezing (then I'd dump the lower valves that are below heated space, using the OEM valves that are in the heated space. I've already heard that the labor rate is doubled if the valve to the black tank breaks so I'm thinking the less it gets used the less chance it's going to break.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen several posts on adding the dump valve and I'll probable do that this spring. I figure the valve is either frozen due to the cold weather or broken. If it's not easy to get to I'll keep trying to get to work loose and wait for a day above freezing and see if that fixes it. If the warmer weather does not do it, I'll take it in, its still under warranty. Thanks

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tirey View Post
    I've seen several posts on adding the dump valve and I'll probable do that this spring. I figure the valve is either frozen due to the cold weather or broken. If it's not easy to get to I'll keep trying to get to work loose and wait for a day above freezing and see if that fixes it. If the warmer weather does not do it, I'll take it in, its still under warranty. Thanks
    Tom if it's still under warranty, call Grand Design. They are very good about authorizing mobile RV Techs. that come to you. You may have to cover the initial service call but they'll cover the repair. Give them a call.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I may do that if I can't fix the problem today. Its suppose to get up into the 20's today .