Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question RE Water Pump Switches

Been RV'ing longer than I care to remember, but new to GD.

We will be dry camping for a few days and I notice there are 2 water pump switches, one in the wet compartment and one on the interior control panel. Am I correct in assuming these switches are used independent from each other in that either will turn the pump on or off?
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by usroamer View Post
    Been RV'ing longer than I care to remember, but new to GD.

We will be dry camping for a few days and I notice there are 2 water pump switches, one in the wet compartment and one on the interior control panel. Am I correct in assuming these switches are used independent from each other in that either will turn the pump on or off?
    Correct. Think of them and three way switches in your house where either will turn it on or off.... since you need the water pump to fill the water tank when not hooked up to a city water line they put a switch at the panel.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks. that's what I thought.
    John & Joyce
    2017 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch
    I'd Rather Have More Truck Than I Need Than Need More Truck Than I Have

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, quick question on water pump operations... I'm new to GDRV's. when the water pump switch is on is it supposed to run all the time? or only when water starts flowing as my just runs non stop when pump switch is on. Thanks- Marc 2017/18 Refection 307MKS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeebles View Post
    Hi, quick question on water pump operations... I'm new to GDRV's. when the water pump switch is on is it supposed to run all the time? or only when water starts flowing as my just runs non stop when pump switch is on. Thanks- Marc 2017/18 Refection 307MKS
    The pump should stop shortly after you close all faucets. If not, you may have a water leak somewhere on the pressure side of the pump or an air leak on the intake side of the pump.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, would a simple fixture not closed all the way be a cause? shower valves are a little temperamental..

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The pump should stop shortly after you close all faucets. If not, you may have a water leak somewhere on the pressure side of the pump or an air leak on the intake side of the pump.

Rob
    As Rob said after 2-5 sec it should shut off once the need for water has stopped. Double check your valve positions on your central panel. On mine I often have to move the valves off and back on to get them to seal properly. I have one that doesn’t always seal properly but haven’t taken the time to figure out which one it is yet.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeebles View Post
    Thanks Rob, would a simple fixture not closed all the way be a cause? shower valves are a little temperamental..
    Any water leak will cause it. If it is small the pump will cycle. If a bigger leak (either water or air) it will run continually. The pump needs to get up to like 45psi to shut off and then comes on again at like 30 psi pressusre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to learn everything you need to know about your water pressure system is to tee an inexpensive pressure gauge into the line on the pressure side of the pump. A small pressure leak will be obvious by the gauge dropping slowly. You can check that your pump cut in and cut our pressures are correct. A quivering gauge that doesn't climb when the pump is running with the faucets closed means that the pump is cavitating and getting air rather than water on the intake side.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The best way to learn everything you need to know about your water pressure system is to tee an inexpensive pressure gauge into the line on the pressure side of the pump. A small pressure leak will be obvious by the gauge dropping slowly. You can check that your pump cut in and cut our pressures are correct. A quivering gauge that doesn't climb when the pump is running with the faucets closed means that the pump is cavitating and getting air rather than water on the intake side.

Rob
    Damn, Rob, your good...! And that is not blowing smoke up your skirt either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast