User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confused with A/C & Furnace Operation

Cycling through thermostat for heater operation has 3 steps. Fan, Cool, Furnace. Fan and Cool (A/C) work as one would expect. Now that winter has come, cycling down to Furnace, both the A/C and Propane Furnace come on and cold air comes out the vents. Where’s the heat? (to paraphrase an old commercial).

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cold air will come out of the vents when you first turn the heater on. The blower fan starts up right away, thus blowing out the cold air that's in the ducts. Let the heater run for a few minutes and you should feel the heat.

If you're using the heat pump, a heat pump is not very efficient below 40F.....need to use the furnace (propane) heat at that point.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have the fan set to " on". You need to set it to auto.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is one of the most confusing issues with our RV heating and cooling systems. When running the furnace, you need to set the thermostat on "Auto". When you do, the warm air will only come out of the furnace vents and the AC will not blow. If you leave the thermostat on high or low, the AC blower will kick on.

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a problem, just ask the forum. Put fan on Auto and Furnace works as it should. Thanks for the quick reply’s and happy camping in 2018!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just used our heating system for the first time on a trip last month. As I was cycling through the selection, I was hoping you could turn both the heat pump and the propane furnace heat on at the same time, but the selections were either heat-electric OR heat-gas. We tried the heat pump when the temp was in the 50s and it actually put out some heat after running for a while. During 40-60 deg F weather, using it coupled with the fireplace and/or a small portable electric heater might be sufficient. Of course, the gas heat rocks. We had temps down to the upper teens at night and we stayed very comfortable. Over the period of almost a week, we used less than one 30 lb tank of propane using the furnace and using the propane and electric water heater.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesmainship View Post
    We just used our heating system for the first time on a trip last month. As I was cycling through the selection, I was hoping you could turn both the heat pump and the propane furnace heat on at the same time, but the selections were either heat-electric OR heat-gas. We tried the heat pump when the temp was in the 50s and it actually put out some heat after running for a while. During 40-60 deg F weather, using it coupled with the fireplace and/or a small portable electric heater might be sufficient. Of course, the gas heat rocks. We had temps down to the upper teens at night and we stayed very comfortable. Over the period of almost a week, we used less than one 30 lb tank of propane using the furnace and using the propane and electric water heater.
    Read the instructions for the heat pump thermostat. It explains that in "heat-electric" if the heat pump cannot keep the set temperature the furnace will come on. There is a certain temperature and time that affects when the furnace runs. This morning out trailer was at 59 degrees. I turned the heat pump on to 70 and both the furnace and heat pump came on together. The trailer warmed up to 70 in just a few minutes. Then the heat pump held the temperature without the furnace's help.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    Read the instructions for the heat pump thermostat. It explains that in "heat-electric" if the heat pump cannot keep the set temperature the furnace will come on. There is a certain temperature and time that affects when the furnace runs. This morning out trailer was at 59 degrees. I turned the heat pump on to 70 and both the furnace and heat pump came on together. The trailer warmed up to 70 in just a few minutes. Then the heat pump held the temperature without the furnace's help.
    This is what is so great about this forum. I learn something new everytime I logon. Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try next camping trip.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue, I think but I have my heater on and the fan set to “Auto”. When my heater comes on the A/C fan comes on too. Something seems wrong.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgines View Post
    I have the same issue, I think but I have my heater on and the fan set to “Auto”. When my heater comes on the A/C fan comes on too. Something seems wrong.
    Welcome aboard.

It might help if you listed the model/year of your rig and what settings are available on your thermostat. But I'll take a stab at this question....

There is the option for furnace heat (gas) and depending on what you have electric heat (from the heat pump (air conditioner)).

On my rig I can select Heat Gas or Heat Electric. And neither have and option for controlling the fan. The fan comes on immediately when the thermostat calls for heat from either the heat pump or furnace and heat flows either from the heat pump ducting (ceiling) or furnace ducting (floors).

Which heat mode are you trying to use?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast