Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Fresh Water Tank Dump Valve Leaking

The fresh water dump valve, which appears to be a gate valve is leaking. When there is water in the main FW tank water drips constantly from the valve. Is there a way to tighten up and/or clean the seat on these valves?

Strider76

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a new 2970MK, water was leaking from drain gate valve, discovered during PDI, dealer replaced the gate valve and it still leaks, however I think the leak is from above the valve.

Has anybody had this problem and solved it? Next step is for me to take off the bottom plastic underbelly shield, too hard to get to a dealer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Open it and feel around the inside lip for any junk in the seal. Mine leaked until I flushed the tanks a couple of time (sanitized and then filled and flushed. I found some black gunk on the edge of the valve. Once cleaned it was OK. Valve is held on by 4 screws I believe and is serviceable. I would swing it by the dealer and have them check.. The other issue with a lot of our fresh water tanks is water coming from the overflow line during travel. This blue line is right beside the white drain valve when is comes through the belly and if cut short would look like the other valve is leaking. Do a search on several solutions out there.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar