Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the follow up and letting us know how it was resolved.

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upon inspection of my skylight on my 2017 Imagine, I noticed the screws are recessed into the skylight frame and are barely covered with sealant. When workers on the line were sealing they quickly poured a generous amount of sealant over the frame, but trapped air at each recessed screw location. As a result, the sealant at those locations is almost paper thin and at some point will eventually leak. I'll clean this up and reseal. Look yours over to see if you have a future leak in the making.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skylight Water Leak Also

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24FBB65A-EB52-4A64-A9B5-6AF3702447FA.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	987.5 KB 
ID:	29751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6269821A-6541-48BB-AB7C-66F058765237.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	971.3 KB 
ID:	29752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACA45C1C-6857-49C9-BB32-22818CAE92D8.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	29753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10B516E8-8994-4F67-B640-F1F8F0EAD8E1.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	29754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E3C053BC-A228-495E-BFC5-3D98E06DC7EB.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	869.1 KB 
ID:	29755
    Quote Originally Posted by RV7ACR View Post
    Just picked up my 2500RL 2 weeks ago. I noticed water in the shower pan after a rain storm. Skylight had a drop of water in the back outboard corner. When it stops raining I am headed onto the roof to investigate.
    I can tell you from experience, make sure you check your skylight before and after you camp. I check my seals every time we camp (about once a month) but really didn’t look closely at skylight itself. We camped a couple weeks ago and unfortunately it rained the first night there and rest of weekend. BUT, we are now glad it did. Seems something from the road hit the skylight (there was a spider like crack like you’d get from a rock to a windshield) but only noticed it when morning after heavy rain, wife asks if I’d taken a shower. Nope. There was a little water in the pan. Thought it was likely from a leaky shower head which was on the floor. I felt along ceiling, but it was dry so thought nothing of it. However, saw more water and decided to check further. NOW, the ceiling was damp the edge.

Went on roof and couldn’t find any bad places on the Dicor around skylight. Pulled down inner skylight cover and water was in the lip and was coming in once tiny place (the crack). Once I saw it from the inside, I got up and found it (hard to see unless looking at angle) and sealed it with a patch of Eternabond tape.

Figured we got about a quart of water through the crack. It worked its way down the inner wall to the floor and soaked the inner wall about an inch up. Couldn’t get a tech or RV repair shop to look at it but got it reported to insurance. They said they’d pay for any mold damage if it had to sit because of immediate unavailable shop. I couldn’t accept that and took it upon my self to pull out all the wet wood and dry it out and I’m glad I did. Have decided to do the work myself since unit is out of warranty (2017 Imagine 2950RL). Will give me the chance to remodel a bit and I know the work will be good.

Claim (I went with insurance adjuster’s estimate) was $7300 minus my $500 deductible. Will take me several weeks, but I’ll have it done before a shop would probably do so. If you get water, no matter how small, GET IT OUT and any of the damaged material!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm betting "break out the caulk gun', is going to be their answer. My garage door didnt close upon purchase, so they threw three magnets on it, rather than adjust the revile as they should have. Now I have 3 dark black lines running down the sidewall :[ ON a 27" unit, they couldnt make the gutter one piece, so they seamed them, guess what? Water never makes it to the downspout, runs right down the seam.....another long black line down the sidewall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the gutter (I have same problem), if mine was still under warranty, I’d be hammering GD for fixing. Unfortunately, mine didn’t manifest until later. I assume the seam had a seal and it shifted with all the camper movement. I’m experimenting with different solutions. Right now, lined the seam with FlexSeal. It was raining yesterday and I checked and no water coming through the seam. But, I do know I’ll have to continually maintain the seal every season. My other issue is my gutter dips in one section. So unless my camper is slightly tilted towards back or front, the water will sit in that 12-18 inch section until enough rain falls to push it to one end or other. My last camper had same problem. How hard is it for the manufacturer to put a level on the gutters and make sure the crest in the middle and angle down to each end? Frustrating.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or for that matter, to make it seamless...not exactly a long run. Yes, caulk is the answer and yes, it will never end. Going in for my one year, no questions asked tomorrow. I don't have a good feeling. They will caulk everything and call it a day. The awing is ripping out from the sidewall, came that way, I am sure they will over size the screws to try to get it to seat itself again, then more caulk...garbage in, garbage out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12