Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Grand Design this morning and they said they'd get back to me on this "popping" issue that so many of us are having. He did tell me a way to by-pass the sound bar so we won't hear the popping--until they figure out a fix. We LOVE our solitude also!!!!

njoyinglife
    Kathy and Jim, I had the same issue with the popping. I mentioned to the service tech during our walk thru and he adjusted the sound bar volume down and the tv volume up. It helped the problem but not enough. When we got time we adjusted it more and it took care of the problem. We are now on cable tv currently and some channels are not the best reception either. I have watched tv with our antenna and the picture was better. I blame our picture quality on the cable we are using at our campground.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum njoyinglife!

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The popping is due to lack of muting in the TV on the headphone circuit. The soundbar is fed by the headphone jack on the TV. I replaced my soundbar with a Samsung, and still have the pop. Since the TV only has the headphone out, there isn't a clean way to solve it. I may try a capacitor and see if I can get it to mute just a bit. I'll let you know what I find.
    Thanks
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popping noise fix!!!
    Grand design sent us a new sound bar due to the popping when changing channels. The new sound bar came with a red and white audio cable. Hooking it up as before it still popped. Disconnect the cable from the headphone jack,and sound bar. Connect audio cable to audio out on TV and then connect to soundbar. The ports are color coded red and white. The cable is coded the same so simply put red in red and white in white. Ours works perfectly now.Yea Ha! On the menu mode of the remote go to audio and click on digital output and put in "raw". Hope this helps someone else having this problem.

Cathy and Bill
    Solitude

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill and Cathy,

Who do I need to talk to at Grand Design to get a new sound bar. Ours pops when we change the channel also. So glad they found a fix and sent you a new sound bar!!

Lora
    Lora & Randy
    2014 Solitude 369RL 1847
    2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lora,
    We called Grand Design and talked to JD in service. Very nice man but THEY don't have a fix or tell you so---they just sent out a new sound bar which did the same thing, popping. Bill went to Best Buy and asked the man there and he was the one who said to try the audio cables and that was what worked!!! No audio cables were with our unit---only when JD sent the new sound bar was there new audio cables, red and white ones. So maybe you could just call and get new cables from them???? That's all you will need. Good luck and if we can be of any more help---holler!!!
    Bill and Cathy
    2014 Solitude
    2007 Ford F-550

RetArmyMSG
    As with most, I had the same issue....I initially tried adjusting the TV volume vs. the soundbar volume and this helped a little bit. But after reading some of the posts I agreed that the issue seems to be that the factory soundbar is using the headphone output from the tv as the hook up, which is never a quality way to hook up audio accessories. I just finished removing the headphone jack connection and used a RCA cable going from the TV audio out to the audio in jacks on the back of the soundbar. Problem solved. The only thing you have to do is use the soundbar remote and hit the input button so it recognizes the RCA cable as the input source. If you don't have an RCA cable(red & black connectors), laying around, they are about $5 at best buy.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cathy, The dealer did hookup the rca audio cable for us to the soundbar. Problem solved!!

Thanks
    Lora & Randy
    2014 Solitude 369RL 1847
    2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

sjegee1
    Thank you sooo much for the hint to use audio cables! The popping was driving us crazy. We ran up to the nearest Walmart and purchased audio cables for $6, installed the new cables, and amazing, it works! We have no popping at all. I love this forum!
    Someone at GD needs to change the installation of the sound bar, it is a cheap fix, and no one will ask for a replacement soundbar.

Thanks, Jeanette

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast