Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeanette,
    The popping drove us (and our dog) crazy too!!! Glad the cables worked for you too. We called JD at Grand Design and told him to pass this "CHEAP" fix on to all the others that have this problem.
    Happy camping!!!!

Bill and Cathy
    York, PA
    Solitude 369 RL
    Ford f-550

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!!!! Seems lots of people are now doing the cables and it's working!!!
    You are so welcome!

Cathy and Bill
    York, PA
    369 Solitude RL
    Ford f-550

DennisK
    I too have the popping sound and we just took delivery of our 2015 solitude. Why in the world don't they incorporate that fix at the assembly line? I felt behind my sound bar but did not feel any additional jacks for a cable. Point is that I should not have to be doing this.

Timon0x31
    Normally you get pops when powering equipment up and down because the power is not being sequenced correctly. When this happens its mostly the equipment manufactures issue. Example, a good AV receiver the circuitry is designed to power up all of the preamp then the last part to come up is the main power amp this way you don't get pops.

If however you power up some external source, such as your HDTV, after the sound system is on its possible to hear a pop because of the way the external device works.

Feeding a sound bar from a headphone jack is never a good idea. Headphone jack outputs typically don't have the best pop control on small devices.

Best way to install a sound bar, personally I don't prefer them, the order of preference is using the HDMI input, the optical input and lastly the RCA jacks. The HDMI or optical should never give any pops and the RCA most likely won't either.

When it comes to RVs Grand Design is one of the best but as entertainment equipment installers, um , not so much. If you're only going out a few weeks a year then thats OK but if your RV is going to be your home for several months out of the year you'll likely want real entertainment equipment much the same as you have at home.

I'd love to see GD offer an entertainment prep option which mainly includes the basic speaker cabling, antenna & cable TV wiring, satellite wiring and even some CAT5 cabling plus the HDTV mounts but leave the equipment up to the new owner. From some, such as my self, would install it them selves for others they might use BestBuys Geek Squad for the install.

When it comes to inside speakers for the limited space in the entertainment area a Bose Acoustimass® 6 or 10s are hard to beat. They take very little space and have very good sound much better than virtually any sound bar.

Oh, don't forget to get a good set of wireless surround sound headphones for late night viewing or when your better half does not want to listen to what your watching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too had the popping sound and it drove me crazy. Not able to just let it go I was able to fit my arm behind the sound bar and found it was hooked up incorrectly with the earphone jack. I had to unhook it and use the RCA jacks on both the sound bar and TV. It was difficult to do since the space is very tight and I couldn't figure out how to dismount the sound bar. Works great now...no popping.
    Carl & Kathie - Kingston, NY

2014 Solitude 369RL #1131
    2008 GMC Sierra 3500

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123