User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric water heater switch not illuminating (still functioning though)

So, trip #3 down and another successful "gremlin shakedown" complete. The newest gremlin is the electric water heater switch in the convenience center does not illuminate. Lucky for us though the electric side of the water heater itself is still functioning which was tested by leaving the gas heater off for the remaining 2 days of our visit.
    Has anyone replaced this themselves? I saw other posts in how to open up the panel so I may try to pull it open on our next trip and check the connections. I assume though that I got a faulty bulb in the switch and I will just need a new switch. My hope is that it is a very easy replacement and that GD will just send me the switch and not make me go through a rv dealer for the repair. I am all for minimizing their costs and doing the repairs myself when they are easy enough. Plus, this saves me the hassle of taking my trailer in.

I posted in another location about a water pump issue not supplying water from the fresh tank after disconnecting from the city water. Hopefully though that was just water in the lines and me being impatient to let the pump clear the air.... So far we still love the trailer (even more so than expected) and I am enjoying the minor troubleshooting here and there.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing that I would look for is a loose ground wire to the switch. (The light in the switch needs a ground to function).
    One way to do this is to pull the entire panel, but the switches are just pressed into rectangular holes. You might be able to wiggle the switch out far enough confirm that there are three wires firmly attached to it. If you confirm that it is a faulty switch, I doubt that GDRV will have any problem sending you a replacement.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS