User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommendation for parts ordering

I know that GD requires that you order parts from a dealer. I damaged the Front baggage door on my 337RLS. It’s the door to the front storage area when the battery is located.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealer that would take order over the phone and have the door shipped directly to my home? It would be nice if it could be purchased at a discount.

I found this on a web site but it looks like it may be a wholesaler and I was unable to complete an order.

The Grand Design part number is 560040

Jerry

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if they can order from Grand Design, not being an offical GD dealership however, they do have a retail license so you might give them a call. PPL Motorhomes Parts has better prices on many RV parts than you can find on the net. After you get a couple of quotes from GD dealerships, might give PPL a call before you pull the trigger. I was very surprised when I learned how low some of their parts are.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call the dealer you bought your rig from. Tell them what you need and have them ship it to you after they receive it. You can then install it yourself or have a repair service do it for you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people would like to find a good RELIABLE online parts source that doesn't lose the order or forget to forward it. At the very least, going through a dealer means double the freight cost. Last time I tried to order parts from GD, I was told that in Texas they are restricted to selling parts to only the dealer who sold the RV. Texas is a big place and my selling dealer is 300 miles away. I do have two GD lots (same dealer) ten miles either side of me and a third lot thirty miles away - and all of them have a terrible reputation for service.

One thing GD customer service did mention to me was that if I was traveling out of state they had no problem shipping parts to me.

It seems like some dealer is missing a lot of business by not setting up an ebay storefront and drop shipping parts from GD. Perhaps an individual could cut some sort of dealership arrangement with GD as it would certainly make GD products even more attractive. One of the things that attracted me to the GD products was their willingness to work with independent shops for warranty work. I'm sure GD is well aware of the typical dealer's attitude toward service (and probably as frustrated as we are).

BTW, PPL handled the consignment sale of my prior fiver. I was VERY impressed with their service, professionalism and honesty. Wish they did GD parts.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced the same door on mine and it cost $180 for the door and $150 to ship it to my house. I ordered it from my dealer who is 3 hours away and asked if it would be cheaper if I went and picked it up. Nope same cost.
    Brett and Cristy Treece
    2017 Grand Design 337 Refection
    2017 Ford F-350 Dually
    Caledonia MS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I called my dealer they said they could get my parts shipped inside a new unit and I only had to pay for shipping from SoCal to NorCal. I did order about $600 worth of stuff from the factory once and shipping was $260.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going through this now, even though I tried my hardest to buy direct from GD, even offering to pick up in person. I was given a recommendation of Colerain RV in Columbus from someone at GD. I have been working with Nate there and his prices are really good so far. I had a heartland prior to this new to me 317 and it was nice to order direct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this thread to the top.

I'm in need of this same part after my tailgate fell on my Ford SD. I was quoted $245 shipped to my home.

Anyone else get a better price? Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you contact Pharr RV's in Lubbock, Texas; we are able to order over the phone and drop ship direct to you from Grand Design. Please see contact info below.

Pharr RV's
    806.765.6088 (ask for parts)
    [email protected]

We would be happy to help and try to give the best pricing we can. Freight is collected after delivery, but as others have said it can get pretty pricey depending on the part ordered and its size. We will let you know if we think freight is going to be higher than part cost.

Thank you!

Alexander Franks
    Pharr RV's
    Inventory Manager

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quote I received was $367 for the baggage door. Who did you get your price from? I will try and order from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast