User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once replaced a front basement door with a piece of marine plywood 3/4" and covered it with a sheet of alum. Took a bit of doing but I ended up with a door that was like a bank vault and it did not cost an arm and a leg. It also did not look bad at all.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I will check and see if I can find some light weight material.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Noodle View Post
    Thanks. I will check and see if I can find some light weight material.
    How about diamond plate? Amazon sells sheets of .025" and .013" aluminum large enough for under $100. They also sell a self adhesive vinyl diamond plate that is under $50. I did a quick look and found some vinyls were 24" wide but if you look harder you might find some wider if needed.

I damaged mine backing into it at an angle with the tailgate down. I've been trying to think of a way to patch it, and this might work. Thanks for giving me the idea.

-jj

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24" vinyl may do the trick. It will be protected from the weather so it should stand up. Thanks

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfrankstx View Post
    If you contact Pharr RV's in Lubbock, Texas; we are able to order over the phone and drop ship direct to you from Grand Design. Please see contact info below.

Pharr RV's
    806.765.6088 (ask for parts)
    [email protected]

We would be happy to help and try to give the best pricing we can. Freight is collected after delivery, but as others have said it can get pretty pricey depending on the part ordered and its size. We will let you know if we think freight is going to be higher than part cost.

Thank you!

Alexander Franks
    Pharr RV's
    Inventory Manager
    X2^^. Pharr did a great job for us on some parts after our rig was out of warranty. They had the parts shipped to the park where we were staying.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jerry, what website did you use to get the picture you posted? I am trying to figure out the Lippert part number of a part I need.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbarkell View Post
    Hey Jerry, what website did you use to get the picture you posted? I am trying to figure out the Lippert part number of a part I need.
    Forum hint: If you use "Reply With Quote" as I've done here, the person to whom you are responding will get a notification - and everyone else will know who's attention you're trying to get. You can also tag someone by using the "@" symbol and their user name like this: @Wbarkell .

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbarkell View Post
    i can't remember from 2-1/2 years ago. That price was bogus. When I called dealership it was way over $300 plus $150 or so shipping.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I know that GD requires that you order parts from a dealer. I damaged the Front baggage door on my 337RLS. It’s the door to the front storage area when the battery is located.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealer that would take order over the phone and have the door shipped directly to my home? It would be nice if it could be purchased at a discount.

I found this on a web site but it looks like it may be a wholesaler and I was unable to complete an order.

The Grand Design part number is 560040

Jerry
    Just to close the loop on this over 3 year old thread. I never replaced the door. Instead I bought a metalized American flag on Amazon and stuck it over the damage. It just covered the hole. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WT98XW8/

Last edited by Jerryr; 06-13-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12