User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Welcome to the Discussion forum for the future of the Grand Design Forum.

Hi everyone,
    This is a private forum for Paid Members only. The moderators, myself, and you are the only attendees to this forum. I want to use this as an area to discuss plans for the forum moving forward.
    Thanks
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion is to cut down on the number of discussion areas. Currently there are 63 areas to post. This is way too many for peoples question to get full attention. You could probably cut this down to 10 or so.

- General Discussion
    - Technical Discussion
    - Mods, DYI and Upgrades
    - Newbies
    - Trip Planning and Destinations
    - Reference Library
    - Tow Vehichles
    - Pets
    - For Sale
    - Off Topic

Something like this anyways.
    I don't think we need all those sub categories for Imagine, Reflection, Solitude, Momentum etc. We all learn from each others issues, so why segregate us?
    Other than that, I like the forum. Don't mind paying the user fee.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on cutting down the number of discussion areas. Most of the posts regarding furniture, appliances, solar and inverter mods, portable generators, ... apply to all models. I would suggest one catch-all area for each floorplan for those topics that truly are floorplan specific.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree. Possibly a section specific to travel trailers and one for fifth wheel? Either way...love the forum

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a winter or cold weather discussion line. I have posted on a number of threads, both here and on the GD face book pages, people attempting to RV in freezing weather. It takes some adapting to do successfully. And then when you think you have it down something new comes up.

Thank you for what you do. Some people think it's easy being an admin, I know from experience it takes many hours of hard work. Thank you!
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with you.
    per floorplan would be easier to find, specially for new members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with raybbj - clarity of sections may make easier navigation to find the areas that are of interest ... no need to section by “RV type” ... I belong to a couple of FB groups as well and am new to the whole RVing & RV groups so now that I am about to hit the “post button” I see the “+Reply to Thread” and am wondering where I should have put these words ... oh well I am

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well OK, "me too"! There are too many places for useful posts to "hide", making browsing tedious and probably making repetition of topics a bit more frequent.

@raybbj list looks good as a start, though "Technical Discussions" probably needs sub-forums such as Heat, Water, Electrical, Wheels & Tires, and a few more. A suggestion above about floorpan-specific forums IMO invites more of the splatter that most of us who have responded so far here would like to see reduced.

Last, I'd like to see features that I believe are easily supported by the forum software and seen in other forums I use. Features such as

- a notification in the Notifications list when someone has replied to one of my posts,

- the ability to Like someone else's post, and receive a notification when someone has Liked one of mine,

- the ability to review all of my posts, mostly so I can easily stroke myself for all my previously-posted sparkling wisdom and wit, but also so I can browse back through posts to re-use parts of previous posts when appropriate.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree.. a flatter structure with tags for those who want to browse by more specific topics.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do most of my browsing using the "What's New?" button. If would be most helpful (if possible) to collapse all "what's new" posts to a specific topic into one entry. Also, it would be nice if the "what's new" list could be limited to posts that are new or updated since my last visit. Thanks again for all the work you do. This is a great resource for a very modest investment on our part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast