Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Well, at least I know I'm not the only 150-series owner that has a 5th wheel that was built by blind monkeys.
    I too have discovered GD's customer service line is pretty much useless, takes them a week to return a phone call or an email.
    I'm starting to think we should have gone with our first choice, an Arctic Fox 27-5L.
    LOL...Blind monkeys.
    I can't believe they left the scrap cut out just laying there. I don't want to talk Shi* but The fact they left that and saw dust just laying there is anyone as F. and makes you wonder where else did they cut corners on.
    I'm taking my trailer out tomorrow for the weekend and have a a date to drop it off at local shop on 27th. so we shall see what else I discover.
    2015 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4, Short bed (6'4") all stock but 285/75/18
    2018 GD Reflection 150 series 290 BH
    Anderson ultimate 5th wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I fixed my issue in the bathroom today with some parts I found at Lowe's.
    I also went ahead and foamed up the big gap where the pipes go through the floor.

Here's some photos...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	11419

Name:	B2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	11420

Name:	B3.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	11421

Name:	B5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	11422

Name:	B6.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	11423
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the looks of the pics is that a small vent in the front cover? Is there another heating vent in the bathroom? If not may need a y type duct split to run duct work to the vent. Or I could be wrong that’s very possible lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan4 View Post
    By the looks of the pics is that a small vent in the front cover?
    Is there another heating vent in the bathroom? If not may need a y type duct split to run duct work to the vent.
    Or I could be wrong that’s very possible lol
    It is a small vent, but it's not needed. I'd rather the full amount of heat go into the bedroom.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your duct issues do seem extreme and I am sure GDRV will take care of it for you. We’ve had fairly good luck and only a collection of smaller issues. I have taken care of the issues myself with no problem to avoid being without the camper for an extended amount of time.

It is important to understand that GDRV (and most of the industry for that matter) builds these units very quickly. Obviously this can lead to some quality issues but this is a big reason the units can remain at current price levels. I believe many of us would be willing to pay more if the process were slowed down a bit to ensure a better quality end product.

We attended the Rally in Goshen, IN last summer and did two plant tours. The Production Manager for the Reflection plant said the units average about 17 minutes or so at each station. None of the manufacturing process I saw was automated so we’re talking many sets of fast moving hands as these units move down the line. I could certainly see where, if a worker had a bad day (or part of a day) at work for any reason, it could effect his or her focus/concentration/attitude while working and could cause similar issues on several units built during that time period. There should probably be a QC process as these units go down the line to catch these issues prior to the aforementioned end of production inspection they are performing. It would be much easier and may ultimately save cost to do it this way as opposed to dealing with it as a warranty claim where GDRV has less control of the repair cost and they have an unhappy customer on it’s hands.

Not sure if the industry will change at all or any time soon but I believe it will take an industry wide adjustment to make a significant difference.

I hope GDRV resolves your issues quickly and in a manner/process with which you are completely comfortable so you can enjoy your new unit for many years to come.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From what I've read on this forum, GD will most likely "fix it" for you, but that's not the point, they shouldn't have to.
    And as anyone needing something like this fixed will agree, no fix is "easy" since it involves you having to drive your RV to a shop that might be hundreds of miles away then be without your RV for 2 or 3 weeks. That isn't simple, especially if you full-time. So a lot of people, me included, opt to fix things themselves. There are some people that act like GD is doing you a favor by offering to fix things they missed, they're not. Regardless of how many times people say things like ''the RV industry is just that way, they build things fast and cheap" it doesn't make it ok to let things like this slide.

The biggest part of the problem is people accepting it and saying it's OK.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read on this forum, GD will most likely "fix it" for you, but that's not the point, they shouldn't have to.
    And as anyone needing something like this fixed will agree, no fix is "easy" since it involves you having to drive your RV to a shop that might be hundreds of miles away then be without your RV for 2 or 3 weeks. That isn't simple, especially if you full-time. So a lot of people, me included, opt to fix things themselves. There are some people that act like GD is doing you a favor by offering to fix things they missed, they're not. Regardless of how many times people say things like ''the RV industry is just that way, they build things fast and cheap" it doesn't make it ok to let things like this slide.

100%agree, it is not the way it “should be”. But I got to ask, since you are adamit this. Are you putting your unit up for sale in protest now that you know ? You accepted it by buying into an RV at this price range to begin with...

Just my 2 cents....
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMB - Since all trailer manufacturers build essentially the same way, your only choice is to accept what they build or don't own an RV trailer. This discussion has wandered through several different threads on this forum. The most usual parallel is the auto industry that used to build more-or-less like the towable RV industry does today. It took competition from offshore to force domestic manufacturers to do better. For GDRV, they are building new plants and selling trailers as fast as they can using their current methods. What is their incentive to change?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    DMB - Since all trailer manufacturers build essentially the same way, your only choice is to accept what they build or don't own an RV trailer. This discussion has wandered through several different threads on this forum. The most usual parallel is the auto industry that used to build more-or-less like the towable RV industry does today. It took competition from offshore to force domestic manufacturers to do better. For GDRV, they are building new plants and selling trailers as fast as they can using their current methods. What is their incentive to change?

Rob
    Rob, you are so much more diplomatic than I am. As I have been told in the past, my filter is broken but you always know where you stand with me.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have learned that it is way cheaper to do it right the first time than trying to make it right after it leaves the manufactures facilities. The RV industry would be money ahead to tighten up their quality control. It would be a win win for everyone.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res