Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I buy your old rig?

Ok guys,
    As I stated in another post below, I picked up a 317 last week after looking for one for a while. I'll add I started down the 317 road after feeling too guilty to spend the big bucks on a new 320. To be even more precise, I got a 317 with a wrecked roof from an auction in New York. The former owner must be a member here, as there are several rally stickers on the back window, including some from the Georgia chapter. I'm guessing you were up in PA, judging by the "Shoe fly Pie" that was left in the fridge from the Lancaster area, and I'm assuming you wandered up into New York where the roof met its demise, and the rig was left. I'm looking to see if I can find out exactly what happened, just to quell my curiosity and to see if it was a good rig for you. It would be interesting to post some pictures of the repair for you to see, and to tell me what happened to the dinette!
    BTW, I've been fixing campers for a while and hope to have it back on the road for a trip south in March!
    I should be all in and repaired for 50% of what I was going to spend on a 317 initially.

Anyone have any info here?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't mine, but I hope you got to enjoy the shoe fly pie and not let it go to waste! I'm a big fan of the Lancaster area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Wasn't mine, but I hope you got to enjoy the shoe fly pie and not let it go to waste! I'm a big fan of the Lancaster area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    HAAAA!!!! I didn't have the tenacity to open the box! I think it was in there for a while, but then again, I think those could survive a nuke!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping in hopes the right person sees this.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At lot of folks on the GD Facebook page that don't come here. Might try checking there also.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will do.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpopp View Post
    Ok guys,
    As I stated in another post below, I picked up a 317 last week after looking for one for a while. I'll add I started down the 317 road after feeling too guilty to spend the big bucks on a new 320. To be even more precise, I got a 317 with a wrecked roof from an auction in New York. The former owner must be a member here, as there are several rally stickers on the back window, including some from the Georgia chapter. I'm guessing you were up in PA, judging by the "Shoe fly Pie" that was left in the fridge from the Lancaster area, and I'm assuming you wandered up into New York where the roof met its demise, and the rig was left. I'm looking to see if I can find out exactly what happened, just to quell my curiosity and to see if it was a good rig for you. It would be interesting to post some pictures of the repair for you to see, and to tell me what happened to the dinette!
    BTW, I've been fixing campers for a while and hope to have it back on the road for a trip south in March!
    I should be all in and repaired for 50% of what I was going to spend on a 317 initially.

Anyone have any info here?
    Not sure if this is still the right number, but when we were going to purchase a used fifthwheel a couple of years ago for cheap, I called this # and they new everything about it. They told me it had previously been reported to the insurance for tornado damage, yikes. We bought new last April to scared to buy used. You will need to have the serial # ready, they were real nice folks and very helpful. National Insurance Fraud Bearau (916) 979-1510
    Wishing You & Yours Happy Safe Traveling

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysunshinemyhappy View Post
    Not sure if this is still the right number, but when we were going to purchase a used fifthwheel a couple of years ago for cheap, I called this # and they new everything about it. They told me it had previously been reported to the insurance for tornado damage, yikes. We bought new last April to scared to buy used. You will need to have the serial # ready, they were real nice folks and very helpful. National Insurance Fraud Bearau (916) 979-1510
    Wishing You & Yours Happy Safe Traveling
    That sounds like a great resource. I'll look into that tomorrow.
    Thank you very much.