Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Xzilon, etc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xzilon, etc

We were scheduled to pick up our 303 tomorrow but the dealer is having a small issue with a slide topper. So, in the meantime, they invited us to come to the dealership anyway, do the walk through and take care of the paperwork.

They also offered to deliver our 303 and take our trade in back free of charge when they get the slide topper issue taken care of. Not a bad deal I guess since they are over a 2hr drive away.

Then, her last offer was to sell us a Xzlion treatment (exterior and interior) at the "employee" cost of $1495.

Does anyone have a take on this Xzlion stuff? I've read mixed reviews on it.

I've owned several fiberglass boats in the past and just treated them with an automotive type sealer every year.

Thanks!
    Julie and Kevin - Waterloo, IA
    2015 F-350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 SC, Edge Evolution CTS, B&W Companion.
    2015 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a discussion of Protective Coatings a few weeks back. Most of us feel that it's a ripoff. Here's a link to the previous discussion...
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...oating-Dealer?
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

BBJonbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie n Kevin View Post
    We were scheduled to pick up our 303 tomorrow but the dealer is having a small issue with a slide topper.
    Thanks!
    About to pull the pin and order a 303RLS. Debating whether to get slide toppers.

Any ideas the make/model and length of the 3 slide toppers you had installed?

As well, what the issues were and how they were resolved?

My dealer doesn't have a 303RLS and have looked closely at the 293RES and it sure seems that there isn't a whole lot of space for toppers. Have read other posts with owners successfully installing toppers and just trying to find out more details on what they went with.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer installed 3 slide toppers on my 303RLS. They had an issue with the brackets that hold them inplace, ordered wrong ones at first. Had to call GD and make sure what bracket to order, then got them and installed. I will try to remember to take pics of my install and post tonight if I remember that far in advance.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at the link that Renee posted. Good info there. We have a couple of friends that purchased the Xzilon coating package for their rigs and they totally regret spending the $1500. We all use the Wash Wax All product and are totally happy with it.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer told me about the option to apply the ResistAll in an email. I never responded to their email offer. At closing I found out they applied it to my Solitude. They admitted they made a mistake in applying the treatment. Supposedly this was the first time they made such a mistake like this. Since the treatment was already applied they would only charge me $400 for the warranty. Makes me wonder how may units they "accidently" apply this treatment and then sucker the buyer into paying for the warranty. Sorry about your bad day but I didn't authorize it and I won't pay for it.
    Joe - Dallas, Texas
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide topper brackets

BBJonbo,

Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures for the slide toppers I had installed. First one is bedroom, regular mounting location, second is kitchen slide, brackets moved up due to refer vents. Dealer had to contact GD for the correct size/location of the brackets. I would not have a slideout without a topper, keeps the trash off the top and the sound of the rain from drumming overhead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140614_184434.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140614_184446.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	653
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our 303 for about 6 months now. We had the dealer install slide toppers based on recommendations from more experienced campers. We have had NO, zero issues with the toppers. We were camped in LaConner WA and went through a couple of heavy rainstorms, this caused some puddling on the toppers. I simply pulled n the slides and that solved that. We are very pleased with the toppers and would not have a trailer without them. As far as our 303 is concerned we have over 3000 miles on it with only a couple of minor issues which I was able to take care of.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

BBJonbo
    Quote Originally Posted by luckeyd1 View Post
    BBJonbo,

Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures for the slide toppers I had installed. First one is bedroom, regular mounting location, second is kitchen slide, brackets moved up due to refer vents. Dealer had to contact GD for the correct size/location of the brackets. I would not have a slideout without a topper, keeps the trash off the top and the sound of the rain from drumming overhead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140614_184434.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140614_184446.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	653
    luckeyd1

Thank-you so much for the pictures. Will share with my dealer and suspect this will assist with making the installation easier for them.