Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nick. We do have solar, 160 watt with 4 t105 batteries...series/parallel. I think that should be enough if he sun shines. We go full time in may and really haven’t had the chance to try everything for more than a few days, and all was great. Just don’t want to run short just too kick out my feet a few times a day. Definitely a possibility though. Thanks for the reply

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nice thing about the battery pack for power recliners is it's it's own entity and not tied into your coach in anyway. No need to run the gen or use the coaches batteries to power the seat. @$100+/- it's a pretty cheap investment that will out last the Thomas Paynes and could be used on another power sofa if needed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked at some battery packs and that looks like a great option. Even if I need to recharge every week or two I can just plug in when I charge coach batteries. Do you have one? If so, how often do you recharge?
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we had the power reclining sofa in our 4th wheel I left the battery pack inline and plugged in 24/7. When I got home I plugged in the 5th wheel until the next trip. That way the battery pack was always fully charged before the next trip. It was always plugged into the 5th wheels 120V plug so no matter where we were there was always power to the seat, either from 120V or the pack.
    If that all makes sense.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 1000 watt pure sine inverter that runs them fine. Don't use the massage or heat due to excessive battery draw, but you can if you have enough battery. Easy way to hook up is to get reducers to reduce the 50 amp plug in on the side of the coach to 110 plug and run an extension cord to the inverter, which will power everything tv ect. Be sure to turn the fridge to gas only as it will drain batteries quickly. There is also a way to splice into the circuit behind the fuse box to hook your inverter to only the recliners, livingroom outlets and tv, so your not powering the whole coach. The fridge is also on that circuit so you have to remember to switch to gas only.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a kilo-watt meter, you could plug the power supply for the theater seat into the kilo-watt meter and plug the meter into the power outlet (while connected to external power) and measure the load while operating the functions. I expect the heater would be the most power hungry. Our seat recline function are not power, so I can't test that, but given the small transformer use to power the seats, I expect the demand is not very high.

We have a 2000 watt sine wave inverter that powers every outlet in the trailer, so i don't have this problem.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used a solar panel when we were boondocking at the Quartzsite Rally - worked great!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbiJo View Post
    We used a solar panel when we were boondocking at the Quartzsite Rally - worked great!
    Solar still requires and inverter to power AC devices.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a Uninterrupted Power Supply for a computer? It would charge while on shore power and should have enough power for several recline cycles while boondocking.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A small UPS works perfectly !!!
    Plugged in an APC-350, after cutting the horn/buzzer out of it, and am now a happy camper.
    Starting the generator or turning on my inverter to move my chair seemed a bit silly. Pulling a separate set of wires to run another inverter was even sillier. This was no work at all and super effective.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast