Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude theater seating

Hello all. Have a question about the theater seating in the’18 solitude. We just purchased an 18 375res. Absolutely love the floor plan and quality feel of the unit. My concern is the only way to recline is to be plugged in to shore power. We will be boondocking probably 1/2 the time with only 12v power. Has anyone come up with a work around? Don’t want to have fun the generator just to recline.

Thanks
    Paul

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the NorCal rally a couple years ago we were looking at the new models and one of them had that type of recliner. We asked that very question and the western states sales rep. (sorry can't remember his name) got a blank look on his face and said Hmmm. We suggested they either switch to 12v motion or go back to manual operation. I guess we see how that went.

The short answer is: there was no way to do it without shore power or inverter at that time. Very poor planning if you ask me.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re right JCR. But that is about the only negative I see at this point. The dealer agreed to swap out seating with another grand design...same color scheme. Definitely not a deal breaker either way. Love the rig. Thanks for your response

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post......as we have been considering a new RV, never thought about this. I suspect GDRV and other manufacturers have had this come up but looking at the % of time being an issue they just did a file 13 on the item (as Jim pointed out.) Adding a DC plug/hookup for an inverter (not sure how many watts needed) and plug the seating cord into that would seem to be a solution for movement (and the absolutely necessary blue lights ) but not sure about additional watts necessary for heat/massage/other features.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul,

About the only thing I can think of is to see what the wattage/amperage of the recliner is, and then get a 12 V DC to 120 V AC inverter of the same or higher power rating.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re right Dan. I have thought about the inverter solution. Having a tough time finding specs on the seating...Watts, amps etc. swapping seems to be a good solution but I am definitely coming out on the short end of that swap. Thanks for your reply.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to buy a battery pack made for the recliner. We had a theater seat in our 5er made from Best Furniture. I opted for the $99 battery pack. It's supposedly good for 100 reclines. We used it when dry camping many times and it never let us down.
    Something like this may work. You should have similar plug ends on your Thomas Payne.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0198MWHOM...a-302347804681

It may be easier to get a ?W invertor and wire it to your house batteries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is funny...We have a 375res with those same seats. Last August we spent about a month boon docking in Colorado and I never really thought about it. It seemed like every time we wanted to use the recliners we had the TV on so we were running the generator anyway. I do like the idea of inverter power for those times I might want to use the seats without the generator. That being said I really don’t like the theater seats in the 375 anyway. They are not all that comfortable. They are too small, the up and down are too slow and all the functions of the seats are a pain. If you have something in the cup holder you can’t even see the buttons and when you want to put the seat down invariable you will hit the wrong button and do something else. Some day when I find the right seats that will fit in the space I will go to a manual recliner.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave. Yes, we are looking at the option of an inverter. If it’s not to many watts that would be very doable. We are limited on solar and still need to keep the batteries topped off.
    Thanks for responding. LOVE THIS FORUM!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas375 View Post
    Hello all. Have a question about the theater seating in the’18 solitude. We just purchased an 18 375res. Absolutely love the floor plan and quality feel of the unit. My concern is the only way to recline is to be plugged in to shore power. We will be boondocking probably 1/2 the time with only 12v power. Has anyone come up with a work around? Don’t want to have fun the generator just to recline.

Thanks
    Paul
    Good Morning Paul!

Have you tried to see what type of Solar Option your Solitude has? I've got a 367BHS that has enough Solar to maintain the power in the batteries and run the rig for a solid couple hours. Depending on your battery set up and panel display will allow the length of power.

NICK

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast