User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roof question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AmandaEthan

Roof question

The dealer told us we need to put a black coating on our roof ASAP. I know in the specs of the Reflection it says they have a rubberized roof with a 12 year warranty. We haven't been on our roof much and we are 2 hours away from our camper right now, but my husband doesn't seem to remember a rubber coating on the roof. I guess what I am asking is whether all reflections have a rubberized roof? Do we need to put a coating on it like the dealer says? Will it void the warranty if we do?

We are new to having a nice fifth wheel so we have a lot of questions about taking care of it.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Reflection has a rubber roof, tan in color to match the exterior. You don't have anything to do other than ensuring that the caulking around any opening is in good shape and clean the roof surface once or twice a year.

If they're talking about adding anything to that rubber surface, time for a new dealer!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do not let the dealer do this. The rubber roof is perfect just the way it was designed on the Reflection.

AmandaEthan
    Ok, thank you all so much! We haven't been completely satisfied with our dealer. I think we will be going elsewhere if we ever need to bring our camper in. Since we have bought our camper last fall we have been so lost about how to take care of stuff because during our walk through the dealer didnt know anything about our camper because it was so new. They were trying to sell us so much stuff.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apply roof treatment at least twice a year and fill in any gaps with lap sealant as needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad about the dealer, but there are lots of great resources to help you learn. We are all learning something new every time we log onto the Owners Forum. My experience with rubber roofs is they are great as long as you maintain them with the proper cleaner and treatment. The treatment is helpful in keeping the polymers in the roof from migrating to the surface and making it chalky. Once that starts it will shorten the life of the roof. I'm surprised your dealer wanted to put something black on the roof. That would make it more difficult for the AC unit to keep the rig cool in hot temps. Good luck, happy travels and enjoy the new rig!
    Mike and Suzanne with Smokey and Bandit
    Travel in Tumbleweed
    Reflection 303
    2013 Ram 2500 (Black Pearl), 4 x 4, Crew Cab, Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel. 6 Speed Auto
    PullRite 15K SuperGlide

AmandaEthan
    I am so thankful for this forum. I am not quite sure what it was called but they said it was black tar and it was really messy so they insisted to put it on. We declined because we didn't know anything about it and they said it could possible drip down the side of the camper and ruin the gel coat if not done correctly, that scared us!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roof is Dicor TPO. Here's a link to their site and info on care... http://www.dicorproducts.com/resources/rudys/

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD