Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning Retracting Unevenly

We own a 2150RB 2017 year, is anyone else experiencing uneven retraction of the awning?

The support arms will not line up to the wall supports.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, mine will fully retract but I have to hit the arm with my palm from the side to get it to fully seat against the track. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If both arms seem to be pitched in the same direction (toward the front, or toward the rear) the the issue is likely that the awning cloth slid in the track/gutter where it connects to the side of the camper. The awning cloth is usually fixed in place by one or two screws that go through the gutter and cloth about 6" from each end of the gutter. It doesn't take much wind to stretch out that hole and slide the awning out of alignment. I thought I had bent arms, but all was well once we removed the lock screws and slid the awning cloth back into its proper position and moved the lock screws into a new location.
    Lee and Sandi
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve 4x4 Gas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it makes sense and frustrating to boot.
    Looks like they changed the roller system from 2016 to the new version for 2017.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you say makes sense but our dealer has adjusted the awning tarp three times now and still the same results after 3-4 retractions. The rails are plump to the trailer wall and all else seems fine and square. From 2016 to 2017 they changed the roller style and some folks at the Grand Design rally at Quartzsite do not seem to have the problem with the older roller system. The older system has a manual option for emergencies which is clever. I'll be picking up the conversion with our dealer on Friday for options.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maggie Imagine 2150RB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170211_133812.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	11084

Our 2017 Imagine 2150RB set up in our horse arena.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope I never have to deal with manual retraction of the awning. It looks like a royal pain.
    After adjusting the tarp, did the arms align correctly for the first 3 or 4 times? If so, I'll bet it moved again. Part of the adjustment should include moving the lock screws to a new location where it will bite through a good section of fabric. If the dealer used the same hole then the screw is still going through the problematic elongated hole and the tarp will continue to slide out of alignment. On our prior camper with an A&E Dometic awning some strong winds threw our alignment almost 4 inches out. In addition to moving the lock screw nearly a foot from it's original location, the tech added a good ball of silicone at the end of the track where the tarp wanted to travel. Also put a spot of silicone on the roller tube to keep that end of the tarp from moving. That fixed it for us.
    Lee and Sandi
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve 4x4 Gas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Happy for the suggestion. Dealer added/moved the screws on the tarp attached to the RV but it seems the tarp is free to move on the roller which shows signs of being adjusted. I need to hear back from the dealer to see how we can secure that part, if I touch it I suspect I will void a warranty, I leave these matters to the professionals.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS we have the 9100 series awning roller system. It has the option to retract manually if necessary due to power loss which should not happen since I have a spare battery and generator as additional backup.