Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep number bed in 297RSTS.

I received the following message from badam12, but was unable to reply because the account is out of message space, so I am posting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by badam12
    ah ... sleep number ... we love our SelectComfort in our house and have wondered about going with the R5 for the RV. A couple of questions, please:
    1. do you know the difference between standard queen and queen radius? I see both as options for the sleep number bed, but not sure which is the "correct" one for the 297.
    2. any problems with the tubing / power cable when installing the select comfort in the 297?

Thx. Bryan

The radius bed has, well ... a radius, cut out of the corners at the foot end of the bed. In some RV with very tight bedrooms, the radius helps get around the bed. We have the standard queen (non-radius) and have no problems getting around. The mattress that came in our 297 did not have the radius cutouts either.

The wiring in the 297 is a bit of a challenge in the bedroom. There are outlets on each side of the headboard, but they are high, and using them will leave exposed wiring to the pump. It's not dangerous, but not pretty either. We put the pump in the passenger's side wardrobe and cut a hold through the wardrobe wall to the bed platform for the hoses. I installed a 120 vac outlet on the floor of each wardrobe for the sleep number bed and electric blanket. That's not a simple task, but I made very extensive wiring modifications on mine, including the additional outlets.

What you can do for power for the pump is to drill a hole through the bed platform to the pass-through storage in the right place and plug into one of the outlets in the pass-thru. If you do this, measure 3 times before drilling, and start with a small hole first so that you are sure where it will come through.

Best of luck to you. Write back with any further questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. Thanks for the reply. - Bryan