User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max dimensions possible for TV set in living room: 2016 313RLTS?

Guys,
    One of you did a write-up on the audio out problem with the TCL TV sets - and I can't find it now. It had to do with an Analog to Optical/digital conversion. I've decided I'm going to replace that TV, but I'm not near my trailer right now, and probably won't be for another week or two.

If any of you replaced your TV, what was the largest TV that you could fit into that space? I believe the current TCL are 40". Can anyone confirm the dimensions of the TV area, and also what the stock TV was for this trailer?

I'd like to see if I can sneak a 43" TV in there. Thanks!

Jim
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just replaced the 40" TCL in our 337 with a 40" Samsung smart TV. The issue is not so much size as the positioning and angle of the mounting holes on the back of the TV. The stock mount in our rig is a fixed, V-slot mount. This mount requires a certain amount of clearance above in order to slide the TV - with the mounting plate attached - into the V-slot mount on the entertainment center. In our case, I had a Polk Audio sound bar mounted on the shelf below the TV. The position of the mounting holes on the new Samsung TV required moving the mount on the entertainment center up several inches. This meant there wasn't enough clearance with the cabinets overhead to angle the TV in to get it on the mount. I had to move the sound bar and mount it to the upper part of the vertical panel just below the cabinets. I could then slide the TV onto its mount and then drop the sound bar onto its mounting screws on the panel.

I had previously written up the installation of the Polk Audio system, DVD player and satellite receiver and the issues with the audio limitations on the TCL TV. Fortunately, the Polk Audio system had an analog input that I could use with the TCL TV. The new Samsung TV has an optical digital output which plugs straight into the Polk Audio system. The OEM Furrion system is not used for anything.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We just replaced the 40" TCL in our 337 with a 40" Samsung smart TV. The issue is not so much size as the positioning and angle of the mounting holes on the back of the TV. The stock mount in our rig is a fixed, V-slot mount. This mount requires a certain amount of clearance above in order to slide the TV - with the mounting plate attached - into the V-slot mount on the entertainment center. In our case, I had a Polk Audio sound bar mounted on the shelf below the TV. The position of the mounting holes on the new Samsung TV required moving the mount on the entertainment center up several inches. This meant there wasn't enough clearance with the cabinets overhead to angle the TV in to get it on the mount. I had to move the sound bar and mount it to the upper part of the vertical panel just below the cabinets. I could then slide the TV onto its mount and then drop the sound bar onto its mounting screws on the panel.

I had previously written up the installation of the Polk Audio system, DVD player and satellite receiver and the issues with the audio limitations on the TCL TV. Fortunately, the Polk Audio system had an analog input that I could use with the TCL TV. The new Samsung TV has an optical digital output which plugs straight into the Polk Audio system. The OEM Furrion system is not used for anything.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. Makes sense; looks like I'm stuck with 40". I read your posting earlier (I think you had a link to a website) but cannot find it. Do you happen to have that link?
    2020 Riverstone 39FK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 313 rlts. I was able to fit a 49 in vizio tv.change out tv mount .found a pull out tv mount on amazon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut143 View Post
    I have a 313 rlts. I was able to fit a 49 in vizio tv.change out tv mount .found a pull out tv mount on amazon.
    Wow! How were you able to fit that? Would love to see pics.
    2020 Riverstone 39FK