User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Water Hwater 395M

Hello all. My wife and I just purchased our 2018 GD Momentum 395M. We searched and searched and decided on this particular model. We are happy overall, but have a few concerns. However, the most critical one at the moment is the fact that we don’t have any hot water coming from the HW heater. The water management bay is set correctly for “city water”. The HW heater is full of water, and it is hot. My problem lies in the fact that none of that wonderful hot water is making it to the faucets. I have narrowed it down to the fact that the bypass valve used for winterizing the unit was not flipped. My problem is that I have no idea where the valve is locate?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Brent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group! Look in the utility cabinet, near where water connections are
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check and make sure your outside faucet on the Natilus panel, that both hot and cold valve are off. I remember seeing something on the forum that if the faucets handles are on, it has an effect on the hot water inside the trailers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    Check and make sure your outside faucet on the Natilus panel, that both hot and cold valve are off. I remember seeing something on the forum that if the faucets handles are on, it has an effect on the hot water inside the trailers.
    What Steve said.

The valves create a mixing valve with no exit, except to the rest of the house faucets.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how to access the back side of the hot water heater? I know about the access panel on the outside of the rv but how do I get to the backside of it?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coliver80 View Post
    Does anyone know how to access the back side of the hot water heater? I know about the access panel on the outside of the rv but how do I get to the backside of it?
    If you are talking about a 395/394, it's behind the back wall of the baggage storage area. The side wall in that compartment will likely need to come down, the the back wall, then you have access to the backside of the Water Heater.

And just for future reference, you might be better off starting your own thread rather than reviving one that is 4 1/2 year old and not been active since then. You might also want to add a signature to your profile and state what trailer, model, year etc. that you have.
    Last edited by xrated; 09-29-2022 at 05:06 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"