Excuse me for this long post, but I need to understand. I was preparing to sanitize our water system today and I'm following the manual step by step. I believe there is an error on the manual which could potentially cause damage (or a very heavy bleach concentration) to the rig.

I'm going to summarize the steps below and provide questions/comments in
RED text.

Step 1. Prepare a chlorine solution using one gallon of water and 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water capacity. No concern
Step 2. Level the RV. okay
Step 3. Close the fresh water system gate valve. okay
Step 4. Close the drain valves. okay
Step 5. At the docking station, turn the two Anderson KantLeak valves and fresh water tank access valve to match the diagram below: no problem. I did this
Step 6. Connect your garden hose - not your potable water hose - to the water inlet and place the other end in the container of chlorine solution. okay
Step 7. Turn on the water pump to until (sic) the container containing the chlorine solution is empty. okay
Step 8. Complete filling the tank with fresh water. okay
Step 9. Operate all faucets to release trapped air. okay
Step 10. At the docking station, turn the two Anderson KantLeak valves and fresh water tank access valve to match the diagram below: okay, I did this.
Step 11. Fill the container with 3 gallons of household bleach. This makes no sense. Isn't 3 gallons of bleach in the system excessive?
Step 12. Insert your garden hose into the container of bleach and turn on the water pump until the container is empty. Just where would this 100% bleach solution be going? There was not a step included to drain the water tank which was filled up in step 8.
Step 13. At the docking station, turn the two Anderson KantLeak valves and fresh water tank access valve to match the diagram below: I can do this, but I'm not sure of any of the steps after Step 9.
Step 14. Shut off the water pump. okay
Step 15. Connect the other end of the garden hose to a pressured water source and turn it on. The bleach and water will mix together to form a chlorine solution in the water tank. Continue this step until the chlorine solution runs out of the fresh water tank overflow tubes or the fresh water tank is full (whichever comes first). Since there was never a step to drain the water tank after step 8, there appears to be a disconnect in the instructions.
Step 16. Allow solution to stand for three hours. okay
Step 17. Drain the chlorine solution and flush the fresh water system with fresh potable water. okay.

It appears to me that steps 10 through 15 are redundant and incorrect. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll skip these steps and use the 1/4 cup bleach solution for every 15 gallons of water versus the 3 gallons of bleach as listed in step 11.