User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow can get fairly deep on the roof before it becomes an issue (covers your sewer vent pipe, satellite dish, etc.) but I believe that ice would be more of a concern. Like Dallas, I've never stayed in an area where ice is an issue but I spent a lot of time in Colorado in the early spring and had to get up there more than once to sweep the roof off. Do it on your knees cause it's very slippery up there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190430_085422_resized.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	23320 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190430_072306_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	23321 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190430_072133_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	23322
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have experienced freezing rain twice while camping in the Momentum. Both times we were at the Oregon Coast at Neskowin RV Resort right after the New Year on 2016 and 2017. My take is that it's no big deal. We are NOT going to be moving until the ice is gone. We called work and told them we will be back to work when everything thaws out.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a slide cover on the pickup camper after too many days like this at Crater Lake while I was doing ski Patrol there. The snow and ice would just plop off as I rolled the slide in. Ice on the outside walls did have to come off was the only issue. Some time the temp could be close to zero. KEN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CraterNewYearsWeekend2007-08035.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	23323
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How cold could a person take the trailer out if you had it fully winterized and used facility bathrooms and showers?

I winterized my trailer a couple weeks ago and I am already having camping withdrawals!!

My last camper was an Adventurer 86FB truck camper and we used it all summer and then winterized it and used it all winter . We mostly go winter camping at Jasper National Park and stay at the Wapiti Campground as it’s the only one with winter camping. It has 30amp power, inside heated toilets and showers.

I’m sure that with the a couple electric heaters and the fireplace it should keep things toasty warm.

Only thing I am worried about is brining the slides back in when we are ready to go home. Does the cold affect the rack and pinion mechanisms?? Not too worried about cleaning off the slides, been there and done that already on our last trip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we just got back form a trip and had a few days of cold, couple of them at 22* and a few in low 30's. of course this was overnight temps. we did the fire place and a space heater for the bedroom, but also left the heater set at 68* so if need be, it could kick on and keep the underneath warm. everything was fine through out. No worries, just do it!!!
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trahan View Post
    How cold could a person take the trailer out if you had it fully winterized and used facility bathrooms and showers?

Only thing I am worried about is brining the slides back in when we are ready to go home. Does the cold affect the rack and pinion mechanisms?? Not too worried about cleaning off the slides, been there and done that already on our last trip.
    Without worrying about water freezing the camper will stand cold more than you can. We spent 3 days at -22 f. Average around 20f for many months. You will not be super snugly warm, around 65 burning lots of propane and electric heaters etc.

The slides seem to be ok with cold temps. As always with slides, not having any debris on them is critical. Yes, blown snow/ice is debris and the seals will not like this. Clear of ice etc I see no reason you slide will not function as designed.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am dry camping right now in the Adirondacks. Cold and raining right now, so hunkering down in the RV. Tomorrow looks better, but low will be 17F overnight, which is a little cold, especially when you factor in the predicted 15mph winds. Weekend will be in the upper 30's, which is fine for me. Warm clothes and a big fire solves all issues.

Looking like there will be snow coming the next week, which will end everything. Not because of the snow, but the eventual salt that will be poured out on the roads. Once the salt brine is poured out on the road, our season is done. Truck and trailer are put away until spring.

Still hoping for Thanksgiving camping.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Without worrying about water freezing the camper will stand cold more than you can. We spent 3 days at -22 f. Average around 20f for many months. You will not be super snugly warm, around 65 burning lots of propane and electric heaters etc.

The slides seem to be ok with cold temps. As always with slides, not having any debris on them is critical. Yes, blown snow/ice is debris and the seals will not like this. Clear of ice etc I see no reason you slide will not function as designed.
    Last time we went out the temps at night were -25C, so -13F for the week. The highs only got around -20C, -4F. We stayed toasty warm in the truck camper, but it isn’t that big.

I’ll have to see what the temps are going to be like and maybe give it a dry run where I have it parked in the back yard!
    Before heading out away from home.
    2020 Reflection 295RL 150 Series
    2007 Classic Chevrolet 3500 Duramax Ext Cab SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    I am dry camping right now in the Adirondacks. Cold and raining right now, so hunkering down in the RV. Tomorrow looks better, but low will be 17F overnight, which is a little cold, especially when you factor in the predicted 15mph winds. Weekend will be in the upper 30's, which is fine for me. Warm clothes and a big fire solves all issues.

Looking like there will be snow coming the next week, which will end everything. Not because of the snow, but the eventual salt that will be poured out on the roads. Once the salt brine is poured out on the road, our season is done. Truck and trailer are put away until spring.

Still hoping for Thanksgiving camping.

DAN
    You mention the other issues with winter camping is the salt and crap on the roads. That’s the one other issue I was thinking of is getting the trailer clean after. If the weather is good, all will be well. But if it’s snowing the roads will be nasty and that spray will get everywhere.
    2020 Reflection 295RL 150 Series
    2007 Classic Chevrolet 3500 Duramax Ext Cab SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

I am currently camping in Minnesota ( near North Branch ) in my Grand design Toy Hauler (one with 18' garage)

Been camping for past three weeks ...

Temps drop down to -17 few nights ago

Got two diesel heaters (one webasto, one knock off); One located next to generator, and heats bedroom directly

Second located in garage and heats main living area (routed duct next to water heater)

Also have small wooden stove (mini)

Diesel heaters + Stove provide all the heat

Propane is useless. Decided not to do skirt, will certainly do next year

20F and higher, all I need is one heater + stove to maintain 65-70F;

10F still ok, but will be turning second heater from time to time

Below 0F all three must go [ even if objective is to keep bedroom hot ]

Stove is also hand to worm up stuff and do tea

Pipe install was a royal PITA

All windows are taped with reflect ix (except for small gap on one, to allow vent opening)

Thanks!

edit 1:

I am stationed on my property. There is no grid power; I 've got my 24 volt solar system (24 panels, 10 bats, honda generantor)

This supplies enough power for all the lighting, heating and a little more;

I do have to run generator from time to time (need more power, no sun, too cold)
    Last edited by agazoo; 12-17-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast