User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double check the honda manuals but as far as I know 2x2000 watt generators do not equal 4000w (at least in the case of the champion set). We ended up going with the single champion 3400 dual fuel since it is actually the same as the 3500. The dual fuel doesn't have remote start though.
    I want to say that 2 2000w in parallel was something like 26amps of power (3120w) but double check that.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I could find paralleling two Honda 2000 W generators does produce 4000 watts at least that’s what Honda claims. Using there parallel kit .

Bryan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also using the companion 2000 W it has a 30 amp plug on it

Bryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is what you were saying, but just in case: a 30 amp plug doesn't necessarily mean it can supply a full 30amps (such as my 3400w champion).
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled the manual for the honda kit. 4.0kVa for max load under 30 min. 3.2KVa for continuous operations

The champion manual shows basically the same. No more than 25amps from the parallel kit and then no greater than 30 amps total. (I guess if you draw another 5amps from a generator 120v outlet?)

I was really drawn to 2x2000w but in the end I wanted the dual fuel option and just one generator (albeit larger) to move around. However, after lifting this thing it is definitely not something I plan on lifting in and out of a vehicle when I am 70. I also really liked the option of a smaller 2000w for situations where I didn't need the extra power on trips where no AC would be needed.
    In the end the decision was made for me due to altitude restrictions. We will be moving to Fallon, NV and will be using it mutiple times >4,000k The 2000 champion did not have a high alt carb jet for it.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    In the end the decision was made for me due to altitude restrictions. We will be moving to Fallon, NV and will be using it mutiple times >4,000k The 2000 champion did not have a high alt carb jet for it.
    You would have found that the Champion didn't need a jet change. I had a Yamaha and it would hardly run at 8500 ft. I changed to the recommended jet and it ran better but was still ruff. The Champion at the same CG ran so smooth it was like it was still at sea level. It didn’t seem to care.

The story I like to tell is:
    I met my nephew at the RMNP. We were camped at 8500 ft. I was so proud when I pulled out my new Yamaha 2000 and when he pulled out his Champion 2000 I just grinned. That night we both started our generators. I was sure he would be wanting to buy a Yamaha after he saw how much better my generator was. It didn't take long and I was chomping down the crow. His Champion was so quit you could hardly tell it was running and it just purred along the whole week. My Yamaha ran so ruff you would have thought it was a miniature thrashing machine. It was blowing black smoke the whole time and as the week went on it just got worse. I changed jets but it never did run as well as his. I ended up selling it and bought a Champion. It ran from the start, without doing anything to it, as well as his. I have owned Champions every sense. They run well, are quit and cost less than half. End of story.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know the champion performs well even with the stock carb jet. Thanks for the info. Very happy I saved the money buying champion. I don't deny the hondas may be nicer, just not with the $ for my budgeting.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutJoe View Post
    Hello fellow RVers, I'm considering my generator purchase now. I've read some comments from various people who have considered and purchased different brands. Honda seems to be the gold standard but pricey.
    Update:
    I made the purchase on Amazon just now for $1,685. Peace of mind. The price started at $1,760 last month to $1,488, $2,199 yesterday to $1,665 just now. What the heck.... Thank you all for the input. I'm sure I made a good choice.
    Since you already pulled the trigger - it would be cool to see how you use these and what your experience is. There's always great info and idea sharing on this forum - keep it up!
    La Porte, TX

2013 Ford F-250 SD SRW 4x4 6.7
    ARE Z Series Truck Cap w/Yakima Roof Rack
    CargoGlide 1500XL Full Extension Bed Slide
    Firestone 2535 Ride Rite Air Helper Spring
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    EasyStart 366 x05 Soft Start Kit (on both A/C's)
    Honda EU2000i w/tri-fuel kit
    Honda EU2000i Companion w/tri-fuel kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutJoe View Post
    Update:
    I made the purchase on Amazon just now for $1,685. Peace of mind. The price started at $1,760 last month to $1,488, $2,199 yesterday to $1,665 just now. What the heck.... Thank you all for the input. I'm sure I made a good choice.
    Congrats on the pulling the trigger. The best feeling I think is after the purchase is made and you can stop worrying about which one to pick haha. I think when we bought our trailer my wife was MOST excited for me to stop looking around 24/7.
    There are some great videos online about breaking in your generator that you should check out to ensure a long life. The one thing I didn't do that I kind of wish I did with mine was to put some oil directly down the piston by removing the spark plug prior to the first start. Probably waaaaay overboard but it would have been nice to know I did everything I could have to ensure a perfect long life.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional generator attributes to consider

Can't go wrong with Honda Generators. Although you already made the decision, I want to point out 2 attributes for people to consider coming to this thread.

The advantage buying 2 x 2000 watt generators with a parallel kit is that the some people, like myself, are not able to lift heavy items like the heavy 3000Lb generator in the 90Lb range; however, I can manage to lift the 2000 watt generators, each weighing about 50Lbs.

Storage is another factor for some. Champion generators square format allows them to be stacked saving floor space.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast