User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 350m- Leak in slide

Has anyone had issues with external speakers leaking into the slide?

I believe the speakers to be the issue, as the carpet is wet directly under each speaker and extends on into the slide(during heavy blowing rain).

Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked mine out today after a lot of hard blowing rain and didnt notice any water leaking anywhere. Thankfully. I will check the caulking around mine later this week.
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rspradling View Post
    Has anyone had issues with external speakers leaking into the slide?

I believe the speakers to be the issue, as the carpet is wet directly under each speaker and extends on into the slide(during heavy blowing rain).

Thanks
    We are in the midst of torrential sideways rain and 50 MPH wind gusts on the WA coast and our outdoor speakers are leaking water into our trailer and onto our slide out floor. Fortunately (?) we have vinyl floors on our slide out so we are able to see the water. We've been putting single paper towels down and watching it wick onto the towels.

I went outside and diverted the flow of water from going onto the speakers, but that didn't help. I then created a covering for the speakers from small trash bags and silver duct tape. Gradually the paper towels showed less and less water wicking throughout the day.

When it stops raining I'll take a look at the speakers more closely to see if the grills are the issue or what. They ARE outdoor speakers, so one would expect them to be waterproof.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a very similar issue on our 323 when it was brand new. We were in a driving rain storm and the slide was leaking badly. Grand Design did a warranty repair and replaced the slide seal, everything seemed fine. Fast forward a couple years, same trailer, same campground, same site, and as chance would have it, another driving rain storm. The slide leaked again, exactly the same way!! So long story short, there was nothing wrong with our slide seal from the beginning, it has never leaked other than at this one location. I think it was simply just the way the unit was positioned on the site, the site angle, and the direction of the wind off of the lake in a very bad storm. Not saying this is your issue, but probably more likely than not.

I do not see how the speakers can leak that much water to soak carpet unless there is some installation issue. Easy to check by just pulling the speaker and looking for moisture. Water leaks are difficult to track, where the water exits in the trailer generally does not mean that is where the leak is.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 351M, the silicone started peeling back between the speaker and the wall. The graphics (amongst other places) were beginning to peel. Graphics are getting replaces and the speaker seal repaired under warranty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speaker.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	31452
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M