User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Kitchen sink covers

We're back home from our shakedown trip to Bullhead City, Az. Found a few issues that our local repair facility is about to tackle. Love our 369!

But... I was wondering if anyone else had the problem of the kitchen sink covers coming off during travel? On the 2 hr trip home after we bought Tudee both of the covers were completely off and on the table and a dining chair. That was a shock but didn't think it would happen again.

After the 6 hr. trip to Bullhead, Az we found the small cover was off. Guess I was wrong about it happening again! From now on, as a precaution, we will remove the covers when traveling.

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kathy, I also had one of my kitchen sink covers come off during our first trip. We were on a rough stretch on I-70 in Indiana and I am sure that is when it happened. We did not travel that road on the way home and they did not come off. I do worry that they will come off and tear something up, so I check them everytime we stop.
    Lora & Randy
    2014 Solitude 369RL 1847
    2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good to know. I've never traveled with the sink covers on so I will avoid it in the future. I do travel with the stove covers on and have never had a problem. Unlike the sink covers, the stove covers fit pretty snug. We too are in Love, Love, Love with our 369.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dealer warned us to never travel with the sink covers in place. For 2 reasons, one they could pop out and cause damage to the interior of the RV and two, if the kitchen sink happen to be in the on position when we connected water, we'd have a mess! He suggested we store them in the kitchen cabinet which has the cabinet door that drops down. We tried that but the covers are heavy and I was afraid that they'd push their way out of the cabinet. So I got my hubby to modify one of the entertainment's cabinet. He built me this....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sink cover mod.jpg  
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our sink covers also came off on our first trip. We store them in a cabinet and won't travel with them on, from now on.
    Love what your husband did to secure yours Renee. Great idea.

Cathy and Bill
    2014 Solitude 369
    Ford F-550