Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow drip on driver side back bumper from underbelly

Hi All.
    I’ve had the 2017 2800bh for almost a year and have noticed this drip whenever camping. There were some other leaks that i recently took it in for repair about and was assured that all leaks were resolved. But, just took the rv out last weekend and discovered when we were packing up that this slow drip still seems to be there. Any idea what might be causing it? Anybody else notice the same on their imagine? Dealers telling me its condensation but next trip is planned for a couple months out and my 1 year warranty expires in a month. So, wont be able to test out their answer.

Please see attached pictures.
    That slow drip is coming from inside the underbelly. Any ideas???

Thanks for the help

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1502C4F5-F53E-4B8F-AAFA-67D8E0726AE3.jpg   A523B14B-0F59-4D29-9ED3-2E620CBFABDD.jpg  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I can’t tell anything from the pics. If there is water dripping from the underbelly, there is something wrong. I would make sure everything is documented in emails to the dealer and Grand Design so you have a timeline, and the fact that the dealer is giving you an explanation, albeit it is likely wrong. You must have a leak somewhere. This should be addressed ASAP in case there is standing water in there doing damage.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first post is related to a problem with your trailer. If you haven't driven on wet roads, there is no reason for a leak. Condensation shouldn't cause a leak out of the underbelly. Since it's right at the back of the trailer, it should be easy to drop a corner of the coroplast and take a look.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To have a leak I am assuming you have city water hooked up? Have you taken a shower in it lately? How level is the camper? “ just to see if the leak is closer to the front and running back”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback and advice. Yes, the drip was while plugged in to city water. Going on Steve and Jim’s perspective, I called grand designs service department and explained to them the issue. They recommended I email them all the details and a video of the drip to document it as happening while the warranty is still valid so that when we figure out where it’s coming from, it would still be covered under the 1 year warranty. Hopefully they stick to it. Apparently this drip could be coming from anywhere and repair facilities won’t necessarily have the free time to search out every possible cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we had showers before noticing the leak, it was pretty level from front and back but not perfect left to right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danskir View Post
    Yes we had showers before noticing the leak, it was pretty level from front and back but not perfect left to right.
    The shower thing is interesting. If it always occurs after a shower, your shower pan may be leaking or not holding in water, or the drain could be defective not keeping water in the piping as it travels to the grey water tank.

I’ve read others have had to reseal the pans where the door troughs meet the pan (if you have a shower door of that type.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shower plumbing on our last TT was lose one time and caused a leak like this before that y I brought it up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I’ll keep an especially close eye on it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, glad I found this topic. We just got our new Imagine 2600RB about a week ago. Did our first three day trip locally to kind of check things out, only two items surfaced but I'm not sure if it's something to be concerned with yet.. or where to start for troubleshooting or contacting dealer.

On the passenger side front of the underbelly we had water dripping out once everything was disconnected and I started hitching up. Nothing appeared to leak or build-up while level and hooked to the campground water (and I do use a good pressure regulator). Once I removed blocks and levelers up to put on the ball of truck, we saw the water dripping out. Maybe 2 cups worth of water dripping which did eventually stop. I'm really worried that something caused a buildup and is now leaking or sitting somewhere interior in the walls.

It's in storage at the moment but I'm going to get it back out and put it on level ground again for a few days hooked up to city water. If anyone has a though or idea please advise. I find it strange though because I can't possibly imagine what if any water line is even near the point of where water was dripping out since it's far from the bathroom and still forward of the galley.

Thoughts? I regret not getting pictures of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast