Sooooooo......we turned the Imagine "2910BH" into the Imagine "2910H," to make more room for our daughter. We were able to remove the top bunk and leave it fully intact. I just wanted to post some during and after pics and the process we used to get it done.
1. Remove the mattresses and get them out of the way.
2. Push out the emergency window and remove the bracket that holds the latch closed.
3. Remove the bottom window box (the shade will come out with it). Use a long Phillips screw driver and go in behind the shade to access the 2 screws.
4. Remove the screws starting from the far back corner of the bunk, working your way to the front. Don't forget the ones inside the cabinet. Our bunk was wedged in tight (like most are). Once all of the screws were out, it was very much still in place. I got under the bunk and "bench pressed" it to one side while my wife helped guide it.
5. Bend the aluminum edges at the front and the back, so they will clear the ceiling and wall while twisting the frame to get it out. We were then able to guide it out of the room. Yes, it's a matter of centimeters in clearance.
6. Add trim, wall paper, paint or whatever else you would like (nothing) to personalize the space and cover the screw holes. We reinstalled the shade with a little modification to be able to use the existing brackets that the window box was mounted with.
I'm not going to say this was an easy process. It took some patience and definitely 2 people. You can see my "saws-all" in the floor in one of the pics. It just about got cut in half, but we made it without having to do that. We stacked the 2 mattresses on top of the other which made the sheets fit better.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20240331_193141.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	50373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240406_141441.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	50374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240406_141505.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	50375