User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    The folks over at the Ford Truck Forums recommend that those of us with the higher pressure F450 duallies, use this locking Milton. It allows you to stand further back should the tire blow, which at such high pressure could be dangerous.

https://www.amazon.com/Milton-553-Tr...lton+553&psc=1
    What pressure do 450's use? A 350 is 65 rears/75 front.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    What pressure do 450's use? A 350 is 65 rears/75 front.
    The commercial truck tires that come with the F450 have a minimum inflation pressure of 70 PSIk and a max of 110 PSI. Most guys are running 80-90 when running unloaded, and 90+ loaded.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    The commercial truck tires that come with the F450 have a minimum inflation pressure of 70 PSIk and a max of 110 PSI. Most guys are running 80-90 when running unloaded, and 90+ loaded.
    Thanks. My trailer tires use 110 lbs, so I'm surprised that people are having problems with potential blow outs while airing up - 110 isn't that high. Anyway, makes sense to stand back if it's an issue.

Also, does that locking chuck work on pass through valves?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Thanks. My trailer tires use 110 lbs, so I'm surprised that people are having problems with potential blow outs while airing up - 110 isn't that high. Anyway, makes sense to stand back if it's an issue.

Also, does that locking chuck work on pass through valves?
    That I can not answer. You can always order from Amazon and ship it back if you find it doesn't work. They're great with returns up to 30 days.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found this thread and thought I'd share my experience. I just bought a 2019 F-350 DRW. The air pressure in the tires was a little low so I decided to air them up. No problem, right? HOLY COW!!!!! Once I figured out the inaccessible and virtually impossible to remove inside rear valve stem cap is a passthrough cap (never heard of these before), I then learned the two air chucks I have don't work.

I tried the dual head air check that came with this inflator:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...as well as the dual head chuck that came with my Viair compressor:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Neither of these worked. I had to bend the shaft on both of the air chucks to get them to work. I don't recall which modified chuck works with which tires but I had to bend them differently to air up all the tires.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	15117

UPDATE: I just tried bending the long chuck with the same bend I had in the short chuck so one chuck could be used to inflate all the tires and I broke it! I've spent hours online trying to figure out how everybody else is inflating the tires on their 2019 F-350 to no avail. Everything I've seen just shows regular dual headed chucks with straight shafts and I know for a fact those won't work on my tires. I'm starting to wonder if the wheels on my 2019 are different than prior years. I don't want to add valve stem extensions. I just want a chuck that will inflate my stupid truck tires. How in the world can it be this difficult???

There are a bunch of people on the Ford forums complaining about the same thing and some of them have resorted to bending straight stemmed chucks.

Has anybody else run into this problem and if so, what chuck(s) are you using to inflate your tires????
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bertschb I feel your pain!! My 2019 dually is the same way and none of my stuff works either. I'm going to talk to discount tire and see if they are able to do it. If so I will eyeball and copy their equipment off Amazon haha
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok little update here. This morning it was pouring so I got lazy and took it to local discount tire. They pretty much used the small standard lock on nozzle to inflate the front two tires and the outer rears. Then switched to a straight longer (maybe 6 inches) metal one and zapped the inner rears up. After taking off the rear center caps it took all of 5 minutes at no charge. Of course I bought the replacement certificates on all 6 for a little peace of mind. The rear nozzle looked like the Milton one with the gauge that someone posted a link to earlier, so I ordered it off Amazon.
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 F350 and agree it is difficult but the Milton will work. One issue I've not seen addressed is the air compressor. It is very difficult to find an adequate air pump on the road. You have best luck at a large truck stop. With that being said I have chosen to carry my own compressor. I personally like the Viair. You have a lot of options of compressors but all will afford you the luxury of being able to check and inflate you tires as needed.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wheels must be different because a straight stemmed air chuck will not work on my wheels. The hub cap isn't the problem on mine. I ordered a new Milton chuck that appears to be made from brass. Hopefully I can bend it so it works on my wheels without breaking it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's nuts that with all the crazy capabilities built into these new trucks that a simple task like adding air to the tires is such a challenge! My ultimate solution will be what Discount Tire suggested this morning, break down the rears and add the metal valve stems that are U shaped and stick out through the holes in the rims. Then you can hit it with any standard air chuck or gauge easy peazy. I'll get that done soon and post pics.
    Jeff

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast