Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I think it's nuts that with all the crazy capabilities built into these new trucks that a simple task like adding air to the tires is such a challenge! My ultimate solution will be what Discount Tire suggested this morning, break down the rears and add the metal valve stems that are U shaped and stick out through the holes in the rims. Then you can hit it with any standard air chuck or gauge easy peazy. I'll get that done soon and post pics.
    Always wondered why no one else had tried that yet, see them on all the trucks.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    My wheels must be different because a straight stemmed air chuck will not work on my wheels. The hub cap isn't the problem on mine. I ordered a new Milton chuck that appears to be made from brass. Hopefully I can bend it so it works on my wheels without breaking it.
    bertschb here is a pic of the rear outer valve stems on my Platinum, I'm sure yours are the same. It's much easier to get a standard small air chuck on it with the center cap off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valve stem.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	15128 Sorry I could not get a shot of the inner one.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a shot of what mine looks like...

The head on the air chuck is too long:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel 2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	15129

Comparing heads on air chucks. The one on the left works for my wheels.

Name:	wheel 3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	15131

Neither of my straight air chucks worked on my inner rear wheel valve stems. The outer wheel hole blocked the chuck from seating straight on the inner valve stem. I had to bend the chuck stem so it wouldn't interfere with the outer wheel hole.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I think it's nuts that with all the crazy capabilities built into these new trucks that a simple task like adding air to the tires is such a challenge! My ultimate solution will be what Discount Tire suggested this morning, break down the rears and add the metal valve stems that are U shaped and stick out through the holes in the rims. Then you can hit it with any standard air chuck or gauge easy peazy. I'll get that done soon and post pics.
    I need to do this, too. I added extensions but one wheel is slowly losing air even though I made absolutely sure the extension was on securely. A minor, but annoying, problem for sure.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard too many stories about the valve extensions leaking so I'm going to try to avoid them if I can. I'm hoping I can successfully bend the stem of the new air chuck I've ordered so it doesn't break.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I've heard too many stories about the valve extensions leaking so I'm going to try to avoid them if I can. I'm hoping I can successfully bend the stem of the new air chuck I've ordered so it doesn't break.
    I agree completely. My understanding from Discount was they are one piece metal stems shaped so they curve back to the outside of the rim, I'll have to clarify that and look at one before I commit to it. The whole thing is comical really, the truck will pull your house off the foundation as long as you air up the tires lol!!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the easy way out.....

Name:	1CA02935-769C-49B3-8D77-996A8F428FD5.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	15206

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VABiker View Post
    I took the easy way out.....

Name:	1CA02935-769C-49B3-8D77-996A8F428FD5.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	15206
    Seems like a lot of work and cost. Plus, what does that do to the balance? Ive got a 2016 F350 diesel dually which comes from the factory with pass through valves and the only thing I use is a two headed straight chuck. You CANNOT inflate the rear inners unless you remove the plastic hubcap. I know all of this works because I just did it this morning.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    Seems like a lot of work and cost. Plus, what does that do to the balance? Ive got a 2016 F350 diesel dually which comes from the factory with pass through valves and the only thing I use is a two headed straight chuck. You CANNOT inflate the rear inners unless you remove the plastic hubcap. I know all of this works because I just did it this morning.
    Not too much money ($84), and some labor. Haven’t felt any balance issues yet. We shall see ....

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VABiker View Post
    Not too much money ($84), and some labor. Haven’t felt any balance issues yet. We shall see ....
    Suggest you try Centramatics - they don't care what you do to the tire/rim. They balance it centrifugally. Used them for years - great product.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast