Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anderson Kant Leak Center

Has anyone had a problem with the water heater valve on the convenience center? I was charging and sanitizing the water system today and I couldn't get the water heater to fill. I finally figured out that the valve had to be backed off so it was half way between bypass and normal it order for it to fill. Anyone had any experience with adjusting the valve? It's the one thing that didn't come with a manual in the whole trailer and our dealer is about 1.5 hours away.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: Got the hot water tank filled, purged of air and then fired up the propane heater, ran through a warming cycle, tested out the hot water taps - Nothing! It's like a little hot water is mixing with cold - tried the water heater valve again in the normal position - nothing! No water at all - switch to bypass - water but all cold (thought maybe it had been reversed - no such luck). Guess it's back to the dealer for warranty - better to find out in my driveway than at a campsite - I was told everything was fixed - guess I should have had them prove it.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have hot water in the WH...easiest is to crack open the check valve. If it's hot, there's mixing of the hot with cold somewhere in the system. It can't be from the Kant Leak bypass valve or the WH wouldn't have filled. Have you checked the outside shower valves? They could be open (you would leave them open for winterization) with the showerhead closed crossing hot water with cold.

Dave

Edit: Are you using city water or the FW tank and is that Kant Leak valve set in the proper position?
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave - I do have hot water in the heater and the outside shower valves are off - I was running in the FW tank mode. On my original PDI, the mechanic said one of the valves was leaking through and that he was ordering a new valve. I am beginning to think the valve never got ordered and replaced. I may pull the panels off in the basement to look at the backside and see if it's an easy fix I can do rather than the 1.5 hour drive to the dealer.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the 337 to the dealer today - they couldn't get the valves to work properly. They have been great to work with - they offered to by-pass the the by-pass valve (which was mixing hot and cold together) and send me on my way, then drive with the new Anderson Kantleak system 100 miles and install it. Or, they gave me the option to drop the trailer, they would fix and then possibly deliver it to me. I opted to leave the trailer and get it fixed properly. We'll work out the details later. General RV - White Lake has been great to work with. Just wish they weren't so far away.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope that the dealership gets it sorted out for you.

I've checked the entire water system and all Kant Leak valves worked properly. I even used the pump suction to fill the FW tank from jerry cans...it worked better than I thought transferring a 6 gal jug in 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are working directly with Anderson Brass who makes the Kantleak system. This is the second valve set they have put in my trailer - the mechanic noticed the water selection valve was bleeding through during his inspection so they (dealership and Grand Design) replaced it. When this valve set malfunctioned, Anderson wanted to get their hands on the unit so they could see what went wrong - they believe it was in the milling process and they want to get to root cause analysis before Grand Design gets a bunch of bad units. I did get the system to "ingest" the bleach water solution - can't wait to test out the "gravity fill" process. I am confident the dealership will have it all sorted out this time.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI