User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see some Campgrounds have Trolley Service, Is there no parking in town?
    Should I choose a campground with trolley service?

I am a big fan of state parks and tend to stay away from private campgrounds. However hard to find a state or federal campground with electric and that can accommodate A truck pulling a 5th wheel.
    Maybe I am overlooking the ones in the area of Pigeon Forge/Gatilinburg area.

I would like to do the tourist trap stuff along with hiking etc. in the smokies.

Still looking for inputs would like to stay away from stack and pack RV sites.

Thanks
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    I see some Campgrounds have Trolley Service, Is there no parking in town?
    Should I choose a campground with trolley service?

I am a big fan of state parks and tend to stay away from private campgrounds. However hard to find a state or federal campground with electric and that can accommodate A truck pulling a 5th wheel.
    Maybe I am overlooking the ones in the area of Pigeon Forge/Gatilinburg area.

I would like to do the tourist trap stuff along with hiking etc. in the smokies.

Still looking for inputs would like to stay away from stack and pack RV sites.

Thanks
    Parking is at a premium in Gatlinburg. Not so much in nearby Pidgeon Forge. We’ve stayed at hotels in Gatlinburg and have not been able to park in their lots. Finding parking on street is difficult. A couple of public pay to psrk areas but they often fill up fast. Plan to park and then walk a lot.

Disclaimer: Following my advice can result in poverty and despair. Be warned!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful with any valuable items left in the car. There is a big problem in the Smoky Mt area with break ins on parked vehicles in parking lots!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Be careful with any valuable items left in the car. There is a big problem in the Smoky Mt area with break ins on parked vehicles in parking lots!!
    The Smokey Mountains is quite a large area. Never had a problem with break ins, but don’t leave attractive items in plain sight either.

Disclaimer: Following my advice can result in poverty and despair. Be warned!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped at the visitors center before you enter the road up to Gatlinburg and noticed two vehicles with the passenger window rolled down. It had been raining some that morning and I wondered why someone would leave a window down. As we walked by the window I realized the seats were full of glass on both vehicles!!! Someone had obviously busted the glass and took something!! These two vehicles were parked at the upper end of the parking lot near the forest. They had a quick get a way into the woods with their loot. I told the attendants in the visitors center and her comment was....." oh no not again!!" Apparently this had happened before. People park in this lot to catch the bus into Gatlinburg and the vandals are probably watching them stand in line to catch the bus then feel confident they can have plenty of time to rob them. Most people don't realize the side windows are very easy to shatter with a single blow. They literally explode and small fragments of glass go everywhere. It would be easy to gain access to a vehicle and get away quick after snatching a purse, camera or a shopping bag.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234