User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pulling my 290BH with a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6, and I use the Andersen Ultimate Hitch. I just bought the 290BH 10 days ago but pulling it back from the dealer, it was a cake drive. I am all for get more of a truck than you need because you will need it in a matter of years, it is only a matter of time before you upgrade to a bigger Fifth Wheel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180216_144210.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	11567
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel CC SB SRW, payload 3680
    2018 Rockwood Roo 233
    Next Year - Reflection 340RDS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotime4... I'm using the AUH, as well, towing a 2018 290BH. And I absolutely agree with you, using the AUH, in conjunction with the towing capabilities of the Chevy/GMC 2500 pickup (it's the same frame, after all) was definitely a breeze!
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did our walk through on a Reflection 230RL last Thursday - the dealer still has it to do some adjustments on the door and replace a tire that had a screw in it - we hope to pick it up later this week :-). Truck is a '18 F150 3.5L Ecoboost w/HDPP and Max Tow - payload rating is 2368, and I am using a Demco Recon 21K fixed hitch which adds about 125 lbs to the payload. I don't have a picture of the rig yet, but we hooked it up on Friday and the measurement from ground to bottom of the fender wells was the exact same for the front and rear of the truck. I will post pictures when we get them. Keeping my fingers crossed that this rig will tow well!

Chad

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention - the TV did not work during our 230RL walk-through, so I got the dealer to work with GD to reimburse us the cost of replacing the TV - I went and purchased a nice Samsung which is actually a little lighter than the TCL/Roku TV, and has the same VESA mount. At some point, I may replace the articulating mount that allows us to point the TV down a bit.

Chad

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Now I'm really confused. I called Ford today and they're telling me my 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost FX4 with a 5.5 foot bed, 3.55 rear locking differential and max tow package, has a GCWR of 17,000 lbs. and a payload rating of 2,030. Meanwhile, the yellow and white tire sticker on the door jam reads "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 1,600 lbs." and the GD dealer is telling me I have more than enough payload for the Reflection 150 Series 290BH. Does the 2,030 lbs. payload only refer to payload in the bed and the 1,600 lbs refer to only cargo and people in the cabin?
    Last edited by crossfire3006; 02-26-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely, something on your truck, but not on that list, is knocking down the payload significantly. My guess would be the wheels and tires. I think you should go back to Ford with your VIN and specifically ask them why your door labels says 1600 and not 2030? It is also possible that the door label is wrong.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crossfire3006,
    The 2,030 amount represents Maximum Payload, and Rob is correct - how your truck is optioned out dictates how close you will get to the max 2,030 rating. This is why the payload rating on your sticker shows a lower amount. Might still be a good idea to get the vin checked, though the max payload on my F150 is over 2,600 and my sticker shows 2,368 due to the way my truck is optioned.

Chad

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crossfire3006 - You have two threads going on this, so I am not sure if this has been covered . . . but, there is another way to come at this.

Get your truck weighed. Get front and rear weights. Best place to do this is at the CAT scale at a truck stop.

The GVWR of your truck is 7000 lbs (from the other thread). The difference between the total truck weight and GVWR is payload.

There is another way to look at this which is fairly common with 5th wheel haulers. Look at the difference between the actual rear weight of your truck and the Rear GAWR on the other door label. This will likely be a number greater than payload and since the 5th wheel pin is directly over the rear axle, some will argue that if your pin weight is less than this number, you are not overloading the axle. There is a digit missing in the numbers from your other thread, but I expect the RAWR is 4800 lbs.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2^^^^ It is possible to be under GVWR and exceed the RAWR with a fiver because it is difficult to spread much of the pin weight across both axles.

GWWR is a paper weight assigned to determine what certification and licenseing stanards are going to apply to the vehicle. RAWR accounts for the actual design weight capacities of tires, suspension, axle, etc. You may get by being a little over the RAWR, but I had a truck one time that was badly overloaded and it was no fun. Poor handling and lots of blowouts could have been avoided if I had been a little smarter.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing my 150 Series 295RL with a 2009 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax/Allison

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast