User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you towing your Reflection 150 Series with

Haven’t picked up our 150 series 290 BH yet but when we do will be pulling it with a ‘05 dodge 3500 dually. We actually just dropped our trade in off today and finished up paperwork. New unit should have pdi done and ready for pickup this coming week. Hopefully it takes a bit longer as our private road isn’t really in the best shape right now and I would rather wait to bring it home. As long as it ready for first trip out this easter is all good though.
    Last edited by towdriver; 03-18-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling a 2018 295rl with a 2015 F-150 4X4 3.5L with EcoBoost and tow package. Dealer said next tires should be light truck. Ford states that Premium gas should be used. Have only pulled a few hundred miles, with some hills, and I did not experience any issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotime4 View Post
    I am pulling my 290BH with a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6, and I use the Andersen Ultimate Hitch. I just bought the 290BH 10 days ago but pulling it back from the dealer, it was a cake drive. I am all for get more of a truck than you need because you will need it in a matter of years, it is only a matter of time before you upgrade to a bigger Fifth Wheel.
    Attachment 11567
    Or the wife and kids want to bring more stuff [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be Towing the 230RL with a 2106 Ford F150 with 3.5 Ecoboost with the Tow Package with a Payload Max of 2167 Lbs & GCVRW max of 16000 lbs. I installed Air Lift Loader Lifter 5000 Helper Spring Air bags, and replace the OEM "P" tires with the General Grabber HTS 60 LT tires. Based on my calculation I have 317 lbs extra on payload and 2800 lbs extra on GCVRW. I based my calculations on the placement of items in relation of the RV Axles to counter balance the weight to minimize pin weight. I figured into the weight: myself, my wife, dog (80 lbs), Hitch, and Hitch Mounting hardware, Battery, Propane, 2 gals of water in black tank, 6 gals of water in hold water heater, Tools, plus all the other RV Items.
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    I will be Towing the 230RL with a 2106 Ford F150 with 3.5 Ecoboost with the Tow Package with a Payload Max of 2167 Lbs & GCVRW max of 16000 lbs. I installed Air Lift Loader Lifter 5000 Helper Spring Air bags, and replace the OEM "P" tires with the General Grabber HTS 60 LT tires. Based on my calculation I have 317 lbs extra on payload and 2800 lbs extra on GCVRW. I based my calculations on the placement of items in relation of the RV Axles to counter balance the weight to minimize pin weight. I figured into the weight: myself, my wife, dog (80 lbs), Hitch, and Hitch Mounting hardware, Battery, Propane, 2 gals of water in black tank, 6 gals of water in hold water heater, Tools, plus all the other RV Items.
    Cutting it kind of close, the CAT scale will tell the tale.

What do you figure the pin weight percentage to be?
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on going to the Cat Scale

As for the Pin Weight Percentage it all depend on how you load the weight and the Geometry of the RV, I don't this you can use the same % range for all. All RVs are different and how the weight is gets distributed is based on the design. For example your 337 has a much longer distance from the RV Axles to the Pin than the 230, so much more weight is going to towards the pin vs the 230. I have planned out placement of items either over the axles or to the rear of the RV to minimize weight on the pin. The pin weight percentage is 16.76%
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    I plan on going to the Cat Scale

As for the Pin Weight Percentage it all depend on how you load the weight and the Geometry of the RV, I don't this you can use the same % range for all. All RVs are different and how the weight is gets distributed is based on the design. For example your 337 has a much longer distance from the RV Axles to the Pin than the 230, so much more weight is going to towards the pin vs the 230. I have planned out placement of items either over the axles or to the rear of the RV to minimize weight on the pin. The pin weight percentage is 16.76%
    Mark - I'm sure you've spent a lot of time on this and I don't want to rain on your parade, but allow me to share a little of my experience just FWIW. Keep in mind that most authorities specify a minimum of 15% on the pin. I'm at 22% and most owners who have commented on this forum seem to be about the same. Essentially, the more weight on the pin the more stable the RV will tow. A light pin may tow well until some event upsets things and then it gets interesting.

With all that said, I've been down the "I'm just going to load light" road and it has never worked out well. I also tried shifting weight aft to lighten the pin and that didn't work well, either. I'll just say that I ended up trading a one year old F250 for an F350 - took a financial beating, but it was the right thing to do. An overloaded or unbalanced rig takes a lot of fun out of what should be a relaxing and enjoyable trip.

Again, I don't want to rain on your parade, but you're cutting things a little thin so give some thought to a plan B just in case it doesn't work out the way it is supposed to. There's a lot of experience on this forum so perhaps someone will jump in and explain how they did what you propose and how it worked out. If they don't, then that will be another data point, too.

Best,

John
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll find out when I bring it home empty at 17% pin weight. Once I load it i can add weight to the pin weight

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire3006 View Post
    Curious to know what people are towing their Reflection 150 Series with?
    If you can post a picture, that would be great too.
    Towing our Reflection 150 Series 220RK with an F250 diesel because even though a half-ton could tow it, with this truck it's cake.
    I added a pair of Timbrens in the rear so the truck only squats about 1" when I hookup the fifth wheel, rides super smooth and never bottoms out on dips now.

This photo was taken right before I dropped the hitch down 2", it was a little high.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buford and Stella.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	12046
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 Nisan Titan XD, 5.0 Cummins. Pulling a 2018 295RL. So far this is the best overall diesel truck I have owned. its very comfortable, and gets 20mpg on the highway empty, and around 11mpg when towing the trailer. my 2004 Power Stroke got around 14mpg towing, but I had a 2007 Dodge Cummins that only got 12mpg when towing.
    Tyler and Melissa Scheel
    Fremont, CA
    2017 Nisan Titan XD SV, 5.0 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast